The Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) collection is Canada’s largest collection of alternative format books and online resources for people who have difficulty reading print due to a visual, physical or learning disability.
The collection includes Canadian content and materials in both English and French such as:
- Books and magazines in audio, DAISY discs, DAISY digital, eText and braille formats
- More than 50 community, national and international newspapers
- Children’s picture books with braille
- Other resources for all ages and interests
Access to the CELA collection is available to people with perceptual disabilities, such as a:
- Learning disability (impairments relating to comprehension)
- Physical disability (the inability to hold or turn the pages of a book)
- Visual disability (severe or total loss of sight, inability to focus or move one’s eyes)
Register for CELA
To register for CELA you’ll need a Mississauga Library card. Email CELA.Registration@mississauga.ca to register or to get more information about the program.
Using the CELA collection
You can access books and magazines online or download them to a mobile device or DAISY player. Audio CDs or braille can be sent to your local library or mailed to you directly.