Fall 2022 Programs will be available to preview starting September 7 on our new Active Mississauga system. Enrollment for programs will begin September 12 for residents and September 14 for non-residents. Fall 2022 registered programs begin September 24.
The Leslie Log House, built in 1826, is one of the oldest remaining log homes in Ontario. It houses archives related to the history of Streetsville.
Admission to Leslie Log House is free.
The Leslie Log House was first occupied by John Leslie Sr. and his wife Esther Beattie Leslie. They came to Upper Canada in 1824 from Sutherlandshire, Scotland.
The house was originally located at 7250 Mississauga Road, just north of Derry Road in the Meadowvale area. In 1994 the house was moved to its current location to preserve it for future generations. The property was designated under the Ontario Heritage Act for its architectural, historical and cultural value.
The building is a rare example of early 19th century log construction. Over the years, there have been renovations such as adding and then later removing a summer kitchen. Another addition was a full basement with stone walls. But the original structure has been preserved as well as the original barn foundations.
As historic sites, some of our spaces do have physical barriers. The top floor and the basement of Leslie Log House have stair access only.
Streetsville Historical Society