The City of Mississauga celebrates "June is Recreation and Parks Month"
The purpose of June is Recreation and Parks Month is to celebrate the important benefits of recreation and parks to individuals, families, neighbourhoods and communities within Ontario.
Find out what the Mississauga Recreation and Parks are doing to celebrate and engage residents in healthy activity during the month of June.
Celebrate Seniors' Month this June. Visit mississauga.ca/olderadults
Find Parks and check out the many outdoor features provided to keep you and your family active.
Benefits of Recreation and Parks
- Important for personal health
- Helps people live longer
- Extends independent living for seniors
- Reduces the risk of coronary heart disease and stroke
- Key to human development
- Healthy development of our children and youth
- Adult leisure learning possibilities
- Improves quality of life
- Builds self-esteem and positive self-image
- Enhances quality of life - for individuals, families and communities
- Fosters independent living for those with a disability
- Builds strong families and healthy communities
- Reduces health care and social service costs
- Attracts businesses and tourism to the community
- Green spaces protect habitat and improves air quality
Looking for fun and exciting recreation programs like swimming, playing sports, art and music classes, adventure camps and more? Visit www. activemississauga.ca and find a variety of registration and drop in programs
Learn more about Ontario's June is Recreation and Parks Month and see how different communities in Ontario are celebrating this initiative.