Who can apply
This program is available to Mississauga residents applying as:
- an individual or family without dependents under the age of 18: you must provide documentation to show net individual/combined family income below the Low Income Cut Off amounts (LICO Statistics Canada).
- a family with dependants under the age of 18: you must provide documentation to show combined net family income below the Low Income Cut Off amounts (LICO Statistics Canada) and indicates dependants (i.e. Canada Child Benefits forms).
- a newcomer with refugee status: you must provide documentation with refugee status using one of the following (any of the below documents must be issued within one year); Confirmation of Permanent Residency, Refugee Protection Claimant Document, or (new in 2022) a document issued under a special program of the IRC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) such as a visa issued under CUAET (Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel)
Each eligible family member listed on the application will receive a non-refundable credit of $275 that’s valid for one year. Applicants must reapply and provide supporting documents on an annual basis.
You are not eligible for fee assistance if you are:
- a child under the age of 18; a parent or legal guardian must complete an application with them
- a full-time college or university student with no dependents
- already receiving another City fee assistance program (such as the Jerry Love Children’s Fund)
Current low-income cutoffs
This information was updated on May 12, 2022.
|Family size||Income after tax|
|7 persons or more||$59,794|
How to apply
You’ll need to provide one or more original current supporting documents (also found on page 2 of the application form) when you submit your application in person.
We’ll process your application within 15 business days of receiving it. Once your application is approved you’ll receive a letter in the mail with your account start date and registration information.