GO Co-Fare - Available Only Through PRESTO
You can pay only 80 cents to ride MiWay when transferring between MiWay and GO Transit when using PRESTO.
PRESTO cardholders will automatically receive the co-fare discount when transferring between MiWay and GO Transit within the two-hour transfer window.You no longer need a paper transfer as your two-hour transfer period is automatically recognized from the time of your initial tap-on.
Here's how it works:
From MiWay to your destination via GO Transit
- Tap onto a MiWay bus and a full fare is deducted from your e-Purse.
- When transferring and tapping on to GO Transit, the GO fare is deducted.
- When exiting and tapping off of GO Transit, the MiWay fare is reduced by the applicable co-fare discount.
From GO Transit to your destination via MiWay
- When tapping on to GO Transit, the GO fare to the next zone on the route is deducted from your e-Purse.
- Upon exiting and tapping off when transferring, the balance of the GO fare is deducted from your e-Purse.
- Then, when you tap onto a connecting MiWay bus, the discounted co-fare will be deducted from your card's e-Purse.
Note: Remember to tap-off of the GO Bus or at the GO Train Station before you tap-on to MiWay, or the co-fare will not be applied and the full fare will be deducted from your card.