Milton Transit Route 21 Steeles
Starting Sept. 6, 2022, MiWay will connect with the new Milton Transit Route 21 Steeles. This new Milton Transit route will operate between Milton GO Station and Lisgar GO Station.
If you are transferring from Milton Transit to MiWay:
- Show the MiWay transit operator your Milton Transit paper transfer. MiWay will accept Milton Transit paper transfers and the 2-hour transfer window will be honoured. No additional paper transfer will be issued by the MiWay operator.
If you are transferring from MiWay to Milton Transit:
- Show the Milton transit operator your PRESTO card and tell them that you are transferring from MiWay. The Milton transit operator will provide you with a paper transfer.
GO Transit Co-fare
If you start your trip on a MiWay bus and transfer to a GO train or GO bus, the fare you pay for your MiWay trip will be reimbursed in full onto your PRESTO card or contactless credit card when you tap it at a GO Station or on a GO bus. If you are transferring from a GO train or GO bus to a MiWay bus, then a MiWay fare won’t be deducted when you tap on with your card within the transfer period.
If you start your trip on a MiWay bus, your transfer will be active for two hours from when you first tap your card. If you start your trip on a GO train or GO bus, your transfer will be active for three hours from when you first tap your card.
Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
In Toronto, westbound MiWay buses can only pick up customers at on-street, TTC bus stops – drop offs are not allowed.
In Toronto, eastbound MiWay buses can only drop off customers at on-street, TTC bus stops – pick ups are not allowed.
However, there are two exceptions to this policy:
Exception 1: Route 26 – Burnhamthorpe buses are allowed to drop off and pick up passengers at on-street bus stops between Islington Subway Station and the Kipling Bus Terminal in Toronto at the following eastbound stops:
- 9000 Islington Subway
- 0310 Bloor St at Green Lanes
- 9013 Bloor St at Resurrection Rd
- 0811 Dundas St at Aukland Rd
- 9015 Dundas St at Acorn Ave
Route 26 – Burnhamthorpe can pick up and drop off passengers at the following westbound stops between Islington Subway Station and the Kipling Bus Terminal:
- 9006 Dundas St at Acorn Ave
- 9007 Dundas St at Aukland Rd
- 9046 Bloor St at Resurrection Rd
- 9047 Bloor St at Green Lanes
- 9048 Islington Ave at Bloor St
Exception 2: Continuous Trips – If a customer starts their trip in Mississauga on a MiWay bus (e.g. Route 11 Westwood South), then transfers in Toronto onto another MiWay bus (e.g. Route 1 Dundas West) and needs to get off at a TTC bus stop, this is allowed because it is considered a continuous trip.
If a customer pays with cash or a special purpose ticket they should ask for a printed transfer and let the Transit Operator know in advance that they are on a continuous trip from Mississauga and will need to get off at a TTC bus stop to transfer to a MiWay route in Toronto.