Face coverings required
It is mandatory to wear a mask or face covering on our buses and inside terminal buildings under the City’s Face Covering By-Law.
Children under the age of two and people with disabilities or other medical conditions that prevent them from wearing any mask will not be required to wear one.
Transit Enforcement Officers
Transit Enforcement Officers work to enforce the Transit By-law, and work with police and other security services to ensure that passengers and operators are safe.
- Provide customer assistance throughout MiWay’s transit system
- Conduct patrols of MiWay buses and terminals and fare inspections
- Enforce City of Mississauga Municipal by-laws applicable to transit
- Issue offence notices, summonses or court appearance notices
You can recognize a Transit Enforcement Officer by their uniform, which includes a patch identifying them as a Municipal Law Enforcement Officer. Speak to one of our officers immediately if you spot something suspicious or have any safety concerns.
You can call 905-896-5040 to report an incident or concern on transit property such as:
- Medical emergencies
- Suspicious packages
- Unsafe or prohibited activity
Stand behind the yellow line
When boarding, move toward the back of the bus. You must remain behind the yellow line for safety purposes.
Request a stop at night
If you’re worried about your safety, you may exit the bus at a location other than a MiWay stop. Speak with the Transit Operator at least one stop ahead of where you want to get off.
The operator will let you off as close to your request as possible, as long as the bus can stop safely.
Security cameras on buses
Security cameras are installed on all buses to help detect crime, prosecute offenders and increase the safety of passengers and operators.
Information collected from surveillance will be used to:
- Provide law enforcement with evidence related to an incident under investigation
- Investigate a critical bodily injury as defined by and reported to the Ministry of Labour
- Respond to a request under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA)
- Aid in an investigation of an insurance claim filed against the City
The Mississauga Transitway is a dedicated corridor for buses and authorized vehicles only. For safety reasons, pedestrians, cyclists and private vehicles are not allowed on the transitway.
At a station, if you need to cross between the eastbound and westbound platforms, please do so at street level.
Emergency call buttons are available at all stations. In case of an emergency at platform levels, exit though the emergency exit gates and proceed down the paved area to a safe location.