Student Ambassador Program
The MiWay Student Ambassador online application is now closed.
Thank you to all students who have applied to be a MiWay Student Ambassador for the 2019/20 school year.
Please check your e-mail on September 13, 2019 for your application status.
Wishing you all a terrific school year!
The MiWay Student Ambassador Program is a fun, professional, hands-on opportunity for students to represent and promote MiWay.
Along the way, you’ll develop many skills - such as leadership, teamwork, communication, influence and community relations - that can be applied to successes later in life.
As a MiWay Student Ambassador you will work with MiWay staff to educate your school community about the benefits of public transit and promote the use of MiWay in a fun and creative way.
You can apply with a friend or as an individual.
The MiWay Outreach Team will select one individual/pair to represent their school.
2019 Rules and Regulations
Students applying for the program need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a registered student at the Peel District School Board or the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board in Mississauga.
- You enjoy speaking with people and you’re excited to inspire your peers.
- You work well with others and wear your team colours with pride.
If you’re excited to grow, learn, and represent MiWay at your high school, we want to hear from you!
As a MiWay Student Ambassador your role will be to educate your school community, online and in-person, about MiWay.
You’ll do things like:
- Create digital content for social media channels
- Set-up and host informational tables during lunch hours
- Educate your school community about the benefits of MiWay
- Engage and inspire your school community to create digital content
- Network with MiWay staff and other MiWay Ambassadors
MiWay Ambassadors will receive points for completing tasks throughout the program. Different tasks will be weighted with different points depending on the effort they require. Prizes will be awarded along the way for certain tasks and three top prizes will go to the Ambassador/teams that accumulated the most amount of points by the end of the program. Ambassadors will be provided with promotional items and tools that they will need to complete the tasks. By the end of the program, you’ll have new skills, new experiences, and stronger self-confidence.
How will MiWay support you? Rest assured, you are not alone; the MiWay Outreach Team will be here to support you every step of the way. We want you to succeed!
As a MiWay Student Ambassador, you could:
- Win free transit for a year
- Earn volunteer hours
- Win a smart watch and much, much more!
Throughout the program, prizes will be awarded for certain tasks. So not only will you earn volunteer hours, develop your skills, and grow your network, but you will also be competing for some sweet prizes!
MiWay Student Ambassadors provide much needed MiWay service information to theirs peers, to educate them on the many benefits of taking public transit. Some of the benefits of this program to the schools include:
- All high schools who register an Ambassador will receive pre-loaded PRESTO cards to be used at their discretion
- An opportunity for students to earn volunteer hours
- Recognition at a City of Mississauga Council meeting for all the participating schools and special presentation recognizing the top three schools
- The winning high school will receive additional pre-loaded PRESTO cards to be used for student transportation
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Program Winners
- 2018/2019 - Kaamil Quidwai Meadowvale Secondary School and Resha Shetty and Rohan Mistry Port Credit Secondary School
- 2017/2018 - Cliantha Fernandes and Alwin George from St. Marcellinus Secondary School
- 2016/2017 - Shambhavi Sole and Sandy Liang from Rick Hanson Secondary School
- 2015/2016 - Menatalla Ibrahim from Father Michael Goetz Secondary School
- 2014/2015 - Jane Jomy and Uswa Zahoor from Glenforest Secondary School
- 2013/2014 - Nareshi Babu and Nikhita Kapoor from Stephen Lewis Secondary School
- 2012/2013 - Scott Hladun and Devika Matkar from Stephen Lewis Secondary School
- 2011/2012 - Syed Kamran and Umar Bhutta from Gordon Graydon Secondary School
- 2010/2011 - Miranda Pinto from Erindale Secondary School/Samriti Chand and Dhyani Patel from Port Credit Secondary School