Trades Business Licences

Business Licensing at the City of Mississauga

The Business Licensing By-law requires the following trade contractors be licensed to operate in the City of Mississauga:

  •   Building Renovators such as roofers and general contractors
  •   Drain Contractors and Drain Layers
  •   Plumbing Contractors and appointed Plumbing Masters
  •   Paving Contractors
  •   Heating Contractors and appointed Heating Installers.

Required Documents

A Certificate of Insurance is a required document for new and renewal of Trade licences, to be submitted with your Business Licence application form, business registration documents and other required documents for your particular trade licence.

The letter of employment from a licensed contractor must show that they have at least two (2) years’ related practical experience.

The Certificate of Qualification issued by the Ontario College of Trades. Learn more here:

The Building Renovator exam is an open book test based on Section 9 of the Ontario Building Code.

The Drain Layer exam is a closed book exam based on the Ontario Plumbing Code.

Certificate of Insurance minimum of $2 M Construction Liability. Provide a Standard Liability form to your insurance provider to complete on your behalf: Certificate of Insurance

For Criminal Record Search click here to learn more.

Contact Information

  • Customer Service: Call 3-1-1 (905-615-4311 outside city limits) Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-7 p.m.