Court Transcript Order Form
Court Transcript Order Form
Pay Traffic Tickets & Court Fines
Pay Your Traffic Tickets & Court Fines Online
  Pay Traffic Tickets & Court Fines
Disclosure Request Form
Disclosure Request Form
Courthouse - Location

View Larger Map

The Ontario Court of Justice-Provincial Offences Office is located at 950 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W.

Court Administration

Provincial Offences Tickets

As indicated on the back of your ticket there are three options available to all defendants and there are 15 days in which to choose an option:



3) REQUEST A TRIAL (NOT GUILTY) + more detail


Important Notice

Once 30 days has passed from the time you received the offence notice (or ticket), the charge will be placed on a Fail to Respond docket and a Justice of the Peace will review the offence notice and may convict you in absentia. Once you have been convicted it is too late to choose any of the options indicated on the back of your ticket. A Conviction Notice (Notice of Fine and Due Date) will be sent to the address noted on your ticket upon conviction by the Justice of the Peace.

Please note that a charge of $35.00 will be applied to all cheques dishonoured by the banks.


Ontario Court of Justice Guide

The Ontario Court of Justice Guide for Defendants in Provincial Offences Cases is available on the Ontario Courts website. Download here.

The Ontario Court of Justice Guide to Appeals in Provincial Offences Cases is available on the Ontario Courts website. Download here.


Related Information

Bullet Collections
Bullet Demerit Points
Bullet Victim Fine Surcharge
Bullet Summons

Trial Information

Notice of Trial

You should receive a Notice in the mail indicating your trial date in approximately 4-6 weeks after making the “in person” request for a trial.
If you do not receive this notice, you should contact the court office to make the appropriate inquiries.

Re-Opening a Conviction

If you have already been convicted of the offence you may attend at the court office to apply for a Re-opening of your matter.

A Justice of the Peace may strike a conviction and re-open a case under very limited conditions. You must attend the court office within 15 days of becoming aware of the conviction and complete the Reopening application. The completed application will be reviewed in your absence by a Justice of the Peace and you will be required to call within 2-5 days of submitting your re-opening application to find out the result. If your request is granted, a new trial will be set. Since an Affidavit must be completed as part of your application, please ensure that you bring proper photo identification to swear to your written statement of facts.

Requesting a Change of Trial Date

You should attend at the court where your trial is scheduled at least 10 days before the scheduled date of your trial.

You will (or need to) complete a Notice of Motion advising the court of your request to change your trial date and then swear an Affidavit in support of your request. The motion will be scheduled for the next available court date (approximately 3-7 days later) at which time you must attend so that your motion may be spoken to. If your motion is granted, a new trial date will be issued at the motion hearing.

If there are less than 10 days before your trial date, then you or someone acting as your agent must attend at the trial date to request an adjournment at that time.

If granted, a new trial date shall be issued. You are obligated to confirm your address with the court and to follow-up with the court to get this new trial date, especially if there appears to be a problem with your mail delivery.


Court-Administration-Header You have a right to receive disclosure of the evidence that may be used at your trial. You must request disclosure from the Prosecutor's Office in order to receive it. Once you have received a court date, disclosure can be requested in writing from the Prosecutor's Office. Click here.


Driver's Licence Suspensions

If a suspension is in place as a result of unpaid fines, you must pay the total amount outstanding at any Provincial Offences Court in Ontario.

After payment is made you are required to go to your local Ministry of Transportation office and pay a $150.00 reinstatement fee. As long as the reinstatement fee has been paid your licence will be reinstated within 3-4 days of paying the total outstanding amount at the Provincial Offences Court. It takes 3-4 business days to get your licence back as a result of the processes involved in applying the payment to your case and notifying the Ministry of Transportation. Once the Provincial Offences Court receives payment, the Defaulted Fines Control Centre is advised electronically through an overnight batch reporting system. The Defaulted Fines Control Centre administers all defaulted fines for the Province of Ontario. Once they have been notified they will clear the suspense from their records and then notify Ministry of Transportation (MTO) within 2 days. MTO will then require an additional day to update your driving record in their system.

The Ministry of Transportation sends out the suspension notices after they have suspended a driver's licence. If you have any questions please contact the Ministry of Transportation.


Parking & By-law Offences


Parking Tickets

The City of Mississauga issues two types of parking tickets:

  • Tickets issued under the Provincial Offences Act called a "Parking Infraction Notice" that have a ticket number starting with an "M".
  • Tickets issued under the City's Administrative Penalty System called a "Penalty Notice" that have a ticket number starting with a "P".


Payment of Parking Tickets

The following options are available for paying a parking ticket (M and P tickets):

Option 1 - By Internet
Pay your ticket or penalty notice online. Click here.
Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Visa Debit accepted.
$1.50 convenience fee applicable.

Option 2 - By Phone (24 hours/day)
Call 1-877-678-8465 (toll free)
Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Visa Debit accepted.
$1.50 convenience fee applicable.

Option 3 - By Mail
City of Mississauga,
Parking Enforcement P.O. Box 3085, Station A
Mississauga, Ontario L5A 4E3

Do not send cash by mail. Write the Parking Ticket number on the front of your cheque or money order and make payable to: The Corporation of the City of Mississauga

Option 4 - In Person
Ontario Court of Justice,
950 Burnhamthorpe Road West, Mississauga
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Mississauga Civic Centre, Cashiers (Ground Floor)
300 City Centre Drive, Mississauga
Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

If you fail to pay the parking ticket and have not requested a review of the ticket you will be deemed not to dispute the ticket and you will not be permitted to renew your licence plate validation sticker or purchase new licence plates until all outstanding fees are paid.

GO Transit parking tickets for which a conviction has been registered can be paid in person or by phone. Payment by Internet is not available for GO Transit parking tickets.


Review of Parking Tickets

If you wish to review an "M" parking ticket:

  • If you or your agent wish to meet with a First Attendance Administrator to discuss your ticket, you must attend in person at the Ontario Court of Justice, 950 Burnhamthorpe Road West, Tuesday from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. or Thursday from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
  • If you wish to have the matter heard by a Justice of the Peace, you must attend in person at the Ontario Court of Justice to complete and file a "Notice of Intention to Appear". A Notice of Trial will be mailed to you advising you of the trial date. All trials are held at the Ontario Court of Justice at 950 Burnhamthorpe Road West, Mississauga .

If you wish to review a "P" ticket:

You must schedule an appointment for review by a Screening Officer by either:

  • Submitting a Request for Screening online. This option is only available if you submit your request within 15 days of the date the Penalty Notice was issued. Click here for online Screening Request OR
  • Complete the Screening Request form and bring it in person to the Ontario Court of Justice, Provincial Offences Office.

Click the "Contact Us" tab above for the location and hours of operation of the Ontario Court of Justice, Provincial Offences Office and Court.


Municipal By-law Contraventions

All by-laws are enforced and prosecuted by the City of Mississauga.

To receive more information about your charge, contact the Enforcement department at 905-896-5655.

Click here to view City of Mississauga By-laws.

Effective June 1, 2014 the City of Mississauga will begin using an Administrative Penalty System (APS) to enforce most parking by-law contraventions. An Administrative Penalty System (APS) is a new and more efficient way for municipalities to enforce parking and licensing by-laws.

Penalty notices similar to a parking ticket will be issued by enforcement officers for these types of violations. The process for disputing a penalty notice will be administered by Court Administration. Click here to learn more.


Contact Us


Ontario Court of Justice - Provincial Offences Office
950 Burnhamthorpe Road West
Mississauga, ON - L5C 3B4

Phone: 905-615-4500
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.