COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts


Thank you for contacting the Film Office at the City of Mississauga. With guidance from Peel Public Health, the City of Mississauga has made the difficult decision to close all facilities until further notice.

As a result, the Film Office is currently closed and will not be issuing permits at this time.

Film Office staff are continuing to monitor voicemail and email remotely to offer as much support as possible during this time, however, you may experience a delay in response.

Mississauga's unique filming locations are attracting dozens of film and television productions each year. All permits to film on City of Mississauga streets, property and parks are issued by the Mississauga Film and Television Office.

Filming brings substantial revenue to the community and is part of the City's broader Culture strategy. Production companies pay residents and businesses for rental use of their properties; hotels and restaurants see increases in visits; many professionals in the filmmaking community live right here in Mississauga.

Mississauga Film and Television staff works with local film scouts to find suitable locations for producers, filmmakers and location managers who are considering Mississauga for filming.

201 City Centre Drive, Suite 202
Mississauga, ON L5B 2T4
t: 905-615-3200 ext.4114

Creative Industry
Film & TV
Creative Industries
Commercial and Student Productions
(Click to expand)

All commercial and student productions must have a permit to film on City property (see policy).

Film permit applications can be submitted online. Apply for film permit    

Proof of insurance with a minimum coverage of $2 million or more per occurrence will also need to be submitted.

The insurance must include the permit holder's name and be completed, signed and stamped by the insurer or an authorized agent.

You may also need a:

Email your supporting documents to

We'll contact you to discuss the details of your permit and let you know when it's ready.

Permits can be picked up at:

Mississauga Film and Television Office
201 City Centre Drive, Suite 202
Mississauga, ON L5B 2T4

Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. or 2 to 4 p.m.

During filming, you must keep your film permit with you at all times. All permitted vehicles will be issued a Location Filming Vehicle Permission Card which must be visible on location.

Film permit fees

If your filming requires the use of a City street, sidewalk or boulevard, a fee of $395.00 plus tax will apply.

If you're filming on City property such as parks, libraries or community centres, location fees will also apply.

Rush applications

Film Permits require a minimum of three business days to process. If your film permit can be processed in less than three business days, an additional fee of $92.95 plus tax will apply.

Note that we cannot guarantee processing of rush applications.

Winter road occupancy restrictions

During the winter, there are restrictions for road occupancy depending on the weather.

No on-street parking is permitted when the forecast for snow is 8 cm or more.

No overnight parking is permitted:

  • On residential roads when the forecast for snow is 5 cm or more
  • On industrial roads when the forecast for snow is 8 cm or more

If there is more snow than the amount forecasted, production companies will need to move their vehicles off the roads to allow snow plows to clear the streets.

Student productions

If you're a film student, list your school as the film company on your permit application. Your school must provide proof of insurance for you.

Commercial drones and aerial filming

To film with a commercial drone you’ll need to follow all Transport Canada’s drone safety rules.

Prior to flight you’ll need to submit:

Commercial Still Photography
(Click to expand)
For commercial still photography bookings, please contact the Customer Service Centre, Booking Office by phone at 905-615-4100 or in person at 301 Burnhamthorpe Rd W, ground floor: Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm, and Saturday 9am - 1pm.
For Residents
(Click to expand)
If you are interested in listing your house or other owned real estate for filming, register your property online with the Ontario Media Development Corporation (OMDC).