Commercial and Student Productions
(Click to expand)
All commercial and student productions must have a permit to film on City propert.
Productions must submit:
- A permit application [download form]
- Proof of insurance using the City's Form [download form]
- $2 million per occurrence minimum coverage (or higher limits as the City reasonably requires depending on the nature of filming). The insurance certificate must name the intended permit holder and be completed, signed and stamped by the insurer or an authorized agent (insurance broker).
Productions may also be required to submit:
The Film Office requires a minimum of 3 business days to process a permit. We cannot guarantee processing for rush applications.
A Road Occupancy Permit (ROP) associated with filming is $342.00 +HST ($44.46). An expedited fee of $88.00 +HST ($11.44) may also apply.
Road Occupancy Permit Winter Conditions:
- No on-street parking will be permitted if the forecast for snow is 8 cm or more.
- No overnight parking will be permitted if the forecast for snow is 5 cm or more on residential road.
- No overnight parking will be permitted if the forecast for snow is 8 cm or more on industrial road.
- No parking permit will be issued for the duration of filming/parking over three days. If longer time is required, the permit could be extended for up to maximum three more days (subject to favorable weather conditions), and so on.
- Should the accumulation of snow on the day(s) of filming/parking is greater than it was forecasted (see #1, #2, #3 above), the production company must promptly remove their vehicles from the roads.
For filming on City property other than roads (i.e. Parks, community centres), a location fee will apply based on location, duration and filming details.
All film permits can be picked up at the Mississauga Film Office, 201 City Centre Drive, Suite 202; M-F, 8:30am - 4:00pm. Payments can be made by debit, credit or cheque payable to the City of Mississauga.
Cancellation: In the event of cancellation by Production after the permit has been issued, Production will be required to pay an administrative fee of 15% of the total fees.
Corporate Policy: Filming on City of Mississauga Property [download]
Commercial Drones/Aerial Photography & Filming
The use of remote-controlled devices including aerial drones is prohibited unless all Transport Canada safety rules and guidelines are followed and flight is authorized by a City of Mississauga permit. Transport Canada exemption rules may apply.
The following must be submitted prior to flight, on behalf of any company providing commercial drone photography or filming services:
- $5 million Aviation Liability insurance naming The Corporation of the City of Mississauga as an additional insured on the City's template. [download form]
- Insurance must contain a waiver of subrogation in favour of the City of Mississauga
- Copy of Transport Canada Special Flight Operations Certificate (SFOC)
Commercial Still Photography
(Click to expand)
For commercial still photography bookings, please contact the Customer Service Centre, Booking Office by phone at 905-615-4100 or in person at 301 Burnhamthorpe Rd W, ground floor: Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm, and Saturday 9am - 1pm.
(Click to expand)
If you are interested in listing your house or other owned real estate for filming, register your property online with the Ontario Media Development Corporation (OMDC).