As per the City's Fireworks By-law, residents must be aware of the following regulations:
- Fireworks may only be set off on Statutory Holidays such as Victoria Day, Canada Day, Chinese New Year, Diwali or on a day for which a permit has been issued by the Fire Chief and only on the property listed within the permit.
- NO fireworks can be set off on a public street or roadway within Mississauga at any time.
- NO fireworks can be set off in a park without a valid approved permit.
- NO person shall hold a public fireworks display without a permit issued by the Fire Chief.
To register a complaint related to the discharge of fireworks:
- On private property, call 3-1-1 (Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.). From outside of City limits, call 905-615-4311. For emergencies after hours, call 905-615-3000.
- On public roadways, contact Peel Regional Police.
- In parks, contact the facility watch program at 905-615-4060 (24 hours).