Our waterfront is more than a shoreline - it's a community.
The City has been exploring opportunities on the Mississauga waterfront at 1 Port Street East, owned by Canada Lands Company, and 70 Mississauga Road South, formerly owned by Imperial.
The City has created plans blending the needs and interests of the community, the landowners and the City. There are unique opportunities at these waterfront sites to create vibrant, inspiring places where people will choose to be. We need to set the right priorities now for the future.
Former Imperial Oil Lands at 70 Mississauga Road South - Update
West Village Partners are the new owners of 70 Mississauga Road South and they have prepared a draft master plan.
Inspiration Port Credit is hosting a community meeting on June 8 where West Village Partners will present their draft master plan to the community.
The draft master plan will continue to evolve through the development application review process informed by input from the community, City and approval agencies. After this, the City will make final recommendations on the master plan and development applications (see Steps to Revitalization).
Community Meeting details:
Thursday, June 8, 2017
Clarke Memorial Hall, 161 Lakeshore Road West [map]
6:30 - 7 p.m. Open House
7 - 8 p.m. Presentation by West Village Partners of their Draft Master Plan followed by Q&A
8 - 9 p.m. Observations and Next Steps
Future of 1 Port Street East - Delivering on the Vision
Official Plan Amendment Update
- A Draft Official Plan Amendment (OPA) was prepared to implement the site's Master Plan as approved by Council on June 8, 2016
- The Statutory Public Meeting for the OPA was held on September 6, 2016 (see the Corporate Report)
- Staff have received and reviewed comments from the public, landowner and approval agencies
- The OPA is critical to establish the appropriate development policies for the site to secure a future marina use, public parks and waterfront lands
- Staff will present the final OPA to the Planning and Development Committee for consideration for approval on June 12, 2017 (to be confirmed)
- The OPA is the first of five steps requiring City planning approvals prior to site redevelopment (for more details on this process, see the presentation given by City staff at the May 23, 2016 TOPCA meeting)
Aside from the City planning process, there are other initiatives to implement the vision for 1 Port Street East. The Marina Action Plan is critical to determining the future marina ownership, capital and operational cost analysis, funding strategies, development phasing options and high-level layout.
The diagram below outlines these two separate but interrelated streams of work: