Lisgar Basement Water Infiltration Investigation
Lisgar Community Information Meetings
March 26, 2015 Meeting
On March 26, 2015, a community information meeting was held at St. Simon Stock Catholic School to provide a summary of the Lisgar District Basement Water Infiltration Investigation. City staff and the consultant (AMEC Foster Wheeler) provided an overview of monitoring and analysis work, study conclusions and the proposed mitigation plan.
- For a copy of the summary report click here
- For a copy of the summary report appendices click here
- To view the March 2015 presentation slides click here
June 17, 2014 Meeting
On June 17, 2014, a community information meeting was held at Garry W. Morden Centre to provide an update on the continuing investigation regarding the Lisgar District Basement Water Infiltration Investigation. City staff and the consultant (AMEC Environment and Infrastructure) provided an overview of recent activities, study findings to-date and remaining work to be completed.
- For a copy of the study update, which was provided in June 2014, click here.
- To view the June 2014 presentation slides click here.
- For a copy of the answers to resident’s questions asked during the community meeting click here.
April 16, 2013 Meeting
On April 16, 2013, a public meeting was held at Council Chamber to provide an update on the continuing investigation regarding basement water infiltration in the Lisgar district. A presentation was made which included answers to resident's questions received from the Councillor's Ward 10 office.
- For a copy of the April 2013 presentation click here.
- For a copy of the answers to resident's questions received by Councillor's Ward 10 office click here.
December 14, 2011 Meeting
On December 14, 2011 an information meeting was held at the Lisgar Middle School concerning flooding issues in the local area. A presentation was made concerning the status of the investigation followed by a question and answer period. For a copy of the December 2011 presentation click here.
Foundation Drain Collector (FDC) Sump Pump Subsidy Program
A sump pump subsidy program has been established to assist homeowners that are located on streets serviced by the municipal foundation drain collector (FDC) system. Installation of a sump pump will provide homeowners with an additional safeguard against basement water infiltration.
For more information on the program click here.