Park Access Permit
When is a permit required?
A Park Access Permit is required to access your private property from a City park or trail to complete all work including landscaping, construction, tree removal, renovations and building a deck, fence repairs and installations, pool installations, or any works proposed within City parkland, trails and greenbelt lands.
Please note: A Park Access Permit is not the same as a Park Permit for Photography or a Picnic. To request one of these permits, please call 905-615-4100 or complete our online booking form.
A Park Access Permit Application form must be completed and submitted to Parks & Forestry Division along with a certificate of insurance. The certificate of insurance MUST be completed by your private insurer, with at least $2 million in coverage and identifying the City of Mississauga as an additional insured.
Park Access Permit applications should be submitted at least two weeks prior to date required.
- Complete a Park Access Permit Application.
- Email the completed application to email@example.com.
- A checklist will be emailed to the applicant with additional terms and conditions based on the review of the application.
- Applicant to submit proof of insurance, administration fee and refundable security deposit (if required on the checklist).
- Once all required conditions have been met by the applicant, the permit will be issued by email.
- After the work and any necessary restoration are completed, the applicant must contact Park Planning to schedule a site inspection. Any security deposits will be returned to the applicant once the site condition is deemed acceptable by Park Planning.
A non-refundable permit fee will apply for all Park Access Permits. Security deposits may also be requested. This will be determined based on each project. Approved fees are available by clicking here.
NOTE: No access is allowed until Parks and Forestry has approved the park access permit. If you have any questions please contact 3-1-1 (905-615-4311 if outside City limits).