Please Slow Down Campaign
Residents are encouraged to post a ‘Please Slow Down’ lawn sign produced by the City to encourage safe driving habits and to lower vehicle operating speeds on neighbourhood streets. These signs are available free of cost to residents who are interested.
To obtain a lawn sign:
- Contact your Ward Councillor's office or
- Visit our Customer Service Counter at 3185 Mavis Road on weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Permitted Sign Placement
While placing the signs, residents must ensure that they do not create any sightline obstruction and do not create a hazard for users of the road. The signs must:
- only be placed directly on or in front of your property
- be set-back a minimum of two-feet from the curb or the edge of the road
- not obstruct the travelled portion of the roadway, median, traffic island, sidewalk, bicycle path, or multi-use trail
- be placed three metres or more from a fire hydrant
- be inserted into the ground using the wire frame only
Lawn signs that are unsafe or require relocation for any reason may be removed or relocated to a more suitable location at any time by the property owner.
Over time lawn signs can degrade, dislodge or otherwise fall into a state of disrepair. Please ensure your lawn sign is safely maintained. Please replace your lawn sign if:
- the wire frame becomes damaged, bent, dislodged from the ground, or otherwise unsafe
- the plastic covering is damaged or removed
- the sign has other issues which may raise safety concerns, or may prevent the sign from staying anchored into the ground
Other Road Safety Programs