Please Slow Down Campaign
Residents are encouraged to post a ‘Please Slow Down’ lawn sign produced by the City to encourage safe driving habits and to lower vehicle operating speeds on neighbourhood streets. These signs are available free of cost to residents who are interested.
To obtain a lawn sign:
- Contact your Ward Councillor's office or
- Visit our Customer Service Counter at 3185 Mavis Road on weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Permitted Sign Placement
While placing the signs, residents must ensure that they do not create any sightline obstruction and do not create a hazard for users of the road. The signs must:
- only be placed on the boulevard with the consent of the property owner
- be set-back a minimum of two-feet from the curb or the edge of the road
- not obstruct the travelled portion of the roadway, median, traffic island, sidewalk, bicycle path, or multi-use trail
Lawn signs that are unsafe or require relocation for any reason may be removed or relocated to a more suitable location at any time by the property owner.
Other Road Safety Programs