Resources, tools and information to help Mississauga businesses recover from the impacts of COVID-19 including:
- A business relief portal with information on government programs and incentives
- Health, safety and re-opening resources aimed at informing and supporting your business
- Sector specific resources aimed at helping your business effectively and safely re-open
- Opportunities for business to contribute to COVID-19 causes
- Relevant news and updates for the business community
- Free webinars to help businesses respond to the impacts of COVID-19
Restaurants and bars
Limits to restaurant capacities
On August 7, 2020 City Council passed a by-law to cap restaurant capacities:
- Limit of 100 patrons
- Limit of 10 people seated at a table in an indoor or outdoor area of a restaurant or bar
The by-law will be in effect until January 20, 2021.
Temporary patio permits
Starting on June 24, 2020, restaurants and bars with a valid 2020 business licence can expand outdoor seating and dining areas to help meet COVID-19 safety guidelines.
Learn more about temporary patio requirements and find out if you need a permit.
The Compliance and Licensing Enforcement office at 300 City Centre Drive will reopen to the public on September 8 by appointment only. Learn more.
Ontario Business Information Line
If you are an Ontario business owner who has questions or needs more information about reopening, you can call this toll-free information line at 1-888-444-3659.