Mental and physical activity
Here are some tips to stay mentally and physically active during this time:
- Write letters to friends and family that can be shared later
- Read your favourite books and find your most challenging puzzles
- Turn up the music and power walk through the house. Remember to pump your arms and lift your knees!
- Call friends daily or weekly to chat. Encourage your friends to call their friends to keep the conversations going.
- Take fresh air breaks safely, whenever possible
- Organize your photos
To help you keep active, the City’s fitness experts are also providing free online videos, workouts and other resources.
Mental health support
You’re not alone. For access to mental health support, contact any of the following organizations.
24/7 Crisis Support Peel Dufferin
Call 905-278-9036 for crisis support anytime.
Alzheimer Society Peel
Call 905-278-3667 ext. 307 for phone counselling or video sessions.
Peel Elder Abuse Prevention Network
Call the Senior Safety Line at 1-866-299-1011.
Community Information Partners Peel
Call 905-890-9432 for information about Peel community services and assistance.
Additional mental wellbeing resources are also available from Peel Public Health.
Call 911 for all emergencies.
City of Mississauga
Dial 311 (905-615-4311 outside City limits) to speak to Customer Service. They can answer questions about City services and programs or help you contact the right City department.
Region of Peel
Call 211 to be connected to community and social services in your area 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. For Peel Public Health, dial 905-799-7700.
Peel Regional Police
Dial 905-453-3311 for general questions or to report a non-urgent situation.
Trillium Health Partners
Credit Valley Hospital
Queensway Health Centre
You can access translated information from the Ministry of Health and Region of Peel:
- Ministry of Health COVID-19 information sheet (available in over 30 languages)
- Region of Peel COVID-19 video in Arabic
- Region of Peel COVID-19 video in Simplified Chinese
- Region of Peel COVID-19 video in Urdu
For referrals to community programs and services, dial 211 to contact the Region of Peel. Translation services are available in over 150 languages.
For questions about City services and programs, dial 311 (905-615-4311 outside City limits) to speak to Customer Service. Phone interpretation is available in more than 240 languages and dialects.
Information about restrictions and public health recommendations in community spaces such as places of worship, funerals, and weddings is available on the Region of Peel website.
Dial 211 to contact the Region of Peel for information about local services such as food donations and drop-off locations.
There are many services available to help older adults including:
- Meal delivery
- Free grocery delivery
- Food banks
- Grocery store delivery services
- Special hours for seniors at grocery stores
- Pharmacy and medication delivery
The Region of Peel has details about these social supports for seniors.
Residents should follow health advice from Peel Public Health and the Ministry of Health.
- Symptoms and treatment (Ministry of Health)
- Prevention (Region of Peel)
- Physical distancing (Region of Peel)
- Getting tested for COVID-19 (Region of Peel)
- Get medical advice (Telehealth Ontario)
If you have questions about COVID-19 call Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700.