The City’s Recreation team in collaboration with community partners will host a CPR Day and Family Fun event on July 11 at Mississauga Celebration Square.
The event will celebrate the completion of a 24-hour CPR relay, where 100 teams of four will take turns performing CPR on ACTAR training products in 15-minute intervals. There will be interactive activities for all ages including emergency vehicle displays, a public CPR class, mock emergency situation and more.
CPR Day and Family Fun event
Wednesday, July 11, 2018
6 – 8:30 p.m.
Schedule of events
- 6 p.m. Welcome and opening remarks
- 6 – 8:30 p.m. Emergency Services and Community Partner information booths with family games and activities
- 6:05 – 6:30 p.m. Public CPR class
- 6:30 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. Mock emergency situation
- 6:45 p.m. Final countdown to CPR-a-thon
- 7 – 8 p.m. Fresh Air Fitness class
Mississauga Celebration Square
300 City Centre Drive
Free underground parking available after 6 p.m. Entrance to parking garage is located on Duke of York Blvd.
CPR can dramatically improve a person’s chance of survival from cardiac arrest. To learn more about CPR and the courses the City offers, please visit activenow.ca/cpr