Business and innovation | June 22, 2018
If you liked last year’s Canada 150 party on Mississauga Celebration Square, you’re going to love what the 151 has to offer.
Multi-award-winning super group, MAGIC! is set to headline the Canada Day party of the summer on the Square.
MAGIC! isn’t the only rabbit in the Square’s top hat. From JUNO-winning folk artist, William Prince and world-renowned Canadian scratch DJ, Kid Koala to a full line-up of kids’ programming at Camp Canuck, this is an event worth travelling for. Attendees can make a splash in the fountain in the afternoon and cap the celebrations off with a spectacular fireworks finale at 10:05 p.m. presented by Tim Hortons.
The official ceremony will put guests in a proud-to-be-Canadian state-of-mind. Mayor Bonnie Crombie and Members of Council will lead a reaffirmation oath encouraging attendees to re-confirm their Canadian Citizenship.
Sunday, July 1, 2018
2 to 10:30 p.m.
Canada Day Main Stage Line-up:
• MAGIC!, JUNO Award-winning band with Mississauga roots, best known for their international hit “Rude”
• Allie X, singer, songwriter and Canadian starlet
• Kid Koala, world-renowned Canadian scratch DJ
• Valley, Mississauga’s own pop band and festival favourites
• Ammoye, four-time JUNO nominated Reggae star
• William Prince, JUNO-winning Canadian Folk artist
Mississauga Celebration Square
300 City Centre Dr.
Details on the Canada Day celebration on the Square can be found here.
Parking and Transportation
With limited access to available parking downtown, event goers are encouraged to carpool, walk, bike or take MiWay. Use MiWay’s Plan a Trip tool on any device at miway.ca/planatrip for customized route and schedule information to get to Celebration Square on time. MiWay will also offer additional trips from the City Centre Transit Terminal following the fireworks on the following routes: 3, 10, 19, 23, 26, 34 and 61. Limited accessible parking is available at the 201 City Centre Dr. parking lot after 3 p.m. and in the Living Arts Centre underground parking lot.
There will be road closures in the downtown core from 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. on July 1. Areas impacted by the closures are outlined below. The road closure map can be downloaded here.
Closed: July 1 from 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
• Duke of York Boulevard from Burnhamthorpe Road W. to Prince of Wales Drive
• City Centre Drive from Living Arts Drive to Mercer Street
• Princess Royal Drive from Living Arts Drive to Duke of York Boulevard
Closed: July 1 from 7 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
• Living Arts Drive from Burnhamthorpe Road W. to Prince of Wales Drive
• Burnhamthorpe Road W. from Confederation Parkway to Hurontario Street
• Kariya Gate from Burnhamthorpe Road W. to City Centre Drive (north-bound lanes only)
Looking to celebrate Canada Day in your own neighbourhood? Check out these Canada Day celebrations taking place throughout Mississauga:
Malton Canada Day Celebration
Port Credit Paint the Town Red
Streetsville Canada Day Celebration
Churchill Meadows Canada Day Together Festival
Living Arts Centre Canada Day Celebrations
If you plan to set off your own fireworks in your neighbourhood this Canada Day, visit the City’s website for more information onusing fireworks safely on Canada Day.
Special thanks to our volunteer sponsor Bell and our media sponsor Global News. The Canada Day event on Mississauga Celebration Square is possible in part due to a Canadian Heritage grant provided to help support cultural shows and performers.
Communications Advisor, Community Services
City of Mississauga
905-615-3200, ext. 3940