At today’s meeting of Council, the City of Mississauga’s Parks By-law was amended to protect the City’s parks and ensure enjoyable park experiences.
- Permitting a City of Mississauga Corporate Security Officer to close a park or a portion of a park for a period of time to maintain safety, or for emergency reasons.
- Requiring a permit to play hockey on natural or artificial ice surfaces designated for pleasure skating only.
- Prohibiting cyclists from obstructing or endangering other users on park pathways and trails.
- Establishing special management areas such as a formal gardens, where additional restrictions on activities would apply.
- Requiring dog walkers to remove and dispose of waste left by dogs (currently also in the City’s Animal Care and Control By-law.)
- Adjusting Leash Free Zone opening hours:
- Lakeside Park and Totoredaca Park Leash Free Zones
- 5:30 a.m. to 12 midnight daily.
- Quenipponon Park Leash Free Zone
- 7 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. daily.
For more information read the corporate report:
Amendments to the Parks by-law 186-05
Senior Communications Advisor
Transportation and Works
City of Mississauga
905-615-3200 ext. 5046