After launching in June 2014, artsVest, a matching incentive and sponsorship training program, is celebrating its success in Mississauga with a networking event and wrap-up celebration on June 11, 2015.
The artsVest program provides matching incentive funds, sponsorship training and mentorship for arts and culture organizations. The program is operated by Business for the Arts, Canada’s only national charitable organization of business members who support the arts.
In 2014, 17 Mississauga-based arts and culture organizations were accepted into the artsVest program with Business for the Arts committing $60,000 to match corporate sponsorship.
“We are proud to partner with artsVest,” said Paul Damaso, acting director, Culture Division, City of Mississauga. “This partnership is a perfect example of businesses working together with the culture sector to promote and support arts and culture in Mississauga.”
The impact and success of the program in Mississauga will be announced by Mayor Bonnie Crombie during the celebration on June 11.
A free artsVest networking event and program wrap celebration with local businesses and members of the city’s arts and culture communities.
Thursday, June 11, 2015
5 – 6 p.m. Networking Event
6 – 7 p.m. artsVest Wrap Celebration
A media photo opportunity will take place immediately following the formal portion of the celebration at 7 p.m.
- Bonnie Crombie, Mayor, City of Mississauga
- Sheldon Leiba, president and CEO, Mississauga Board of Trade
- Paul Damaso, acting director, Culture Division, City of Mississauga
- Sonja Banic, acting manager, Culture Operations, Culture Division, City of Mississauga
- Dana Ayrapetyan, Mentorship Program manager, Business for the Arts
- Rohit Mehta, Ontario Trillium Foundation, volunteer, Halton-Peel Grant Review Team
Visual Arts Mississauga [Map]
4170 Riverwood Park Lane
RSVPs will be accepted up until June 11, 2015 by contacting Artsvest.com/events/mississauga