Design that Moves Us is the focus of this year’s theme for the Mississauga Urban Design Awards, which looks at how urban design can motivate people to be active and move around the city.
On Thursday, September 20, the Mississauga Urban Design Awards ceremony will be the 35th celebration of design excellence. Four awards will be presented in the following categories:
- Award of Excellence
- Award of Merit
- Award of Heathy by Design
- People’s Choice Award
35th Mississauga Urban Design Awards Ceremony
Sheridan College, Hazel McCallion Campus
B-Wing, Creativity Commons (2nd Floor)
4226 Duke of York Blvd.
Thursday, September 20, 2018
6:30 – 9 p.m.
Who: Speakers and Presenters:
- Mayor Bonnie Crombie (TBC)
- Lesley Pavan, Director, Development and Design, City of Mississauga
- Edward Nicolucci, Acting Manager, Urban Design, Development and Design, City of Mississauga
- Erinma Chibututu, Urban Designer, Development and Design, City of Mississauga
2018 Urban Design Jury Members:
- Ward 4 Councillor John Kovac
- Andrew Whittemore, Commissioner, Planning and Building, City of Mississauga
- Paul Sharma, Director, Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Division, Peel Public Health, Region of Peel
- Ken Snell, Professor, School of Architectural Technology, Sheridan College
- David Dow, Principal, Diamond Schmitt Architects
- Christine Abe, Principal, The MBTW Group
The Mississauga Urban Design Awards is the longest running municipal urban design program in Ontario. For more information about the 2018 Mississauga Urban Design Awards including the list of nominees, please visit mississauga.ca/urbandesignawards.