Imagination and storybooks come to life this Victoria Day at Mississauga Celebration Square. Kids of all ages can live out their wildest dreams at this larger-than-life event for the whole family.
Hosted by CBC Radio’s Nana aba Duncan, Pep Rally will kick off summer with the Square’s first signature event for the season. There will be plenty of fun for the little ones in the family, including:
- story-time with CBC Kids’ Bookaboo at 12:45 and 2:15 p.m.;
- a silent dance party, where kids get to DJ using musical lego blocks and wireless headphones;
- an orchestra that will let anyone step-up to the maestro stand – performances throughout the afternoon by Euphonia, a classical, indie orchestra;
- bubble shows and a bubble station by Bubbleology on the upper square;
- roaming characters from your favourite folk and fairy tales, including Belle, Little Red Riding Hood, Little Bo Peep and Shrek;
- local authors Cary Fagan and Patricia Storms will be reading and hosting drawing workshops throughout the afternoon;
- a miniature (10’ tall) version of the international art sensation, the Big Rubber Duck, will be visiting the fountain; and
- the Kidzone, supported by Bell, will feature a host of activities, including face painting, an imaginative play zone and a playground building station.
Don’t worry about packing a lunch. There will be a delicious line-up of food trucks serving tasty treats all afternoon.
Monday, May 22, 2017 (Victoria Day)
Noon to 4 p.m.
Mississauga Celebration Square
300 City Centre Dr.
Special thanks to our presenting sponsor Pizza Pizza and our media sponsor CBC Toronto.
If you plan to use fireworks at home this Victoria Day weekend, be sure to visit the City’s website for more information on using fireworks safely. For more tips on fireworks safety, visit Mississauga Fire & Emergency Services.
2017 Celebration Square Events
This summer, Mississauga Celebration Square will be hosting a variety of free events and festivals including weekly movie nights and fitness classes, concerts, cultural festivals and a Canada 150 celebration.
To find out more, download the 2017 summer calendar.
City of Mississauga
905-615-3200 ext. 5334