Some transit fares will increase on April 27 while high school student and child fares will not change.
“We strive to maintain a balance between affordable transit for customers and keeping costs low for Mississauga’s taxpayers,” said Geoff Marinoff, director of Transit. “To position MiWay as a more attractive option than a car, we continue to invest in the City’s transportation system. We began offering faster and easier service in November 2014, with the phase one opening of the new Mississauga Transitway.”
Fare Changes Effective April 27, 2015:
|Fare Category|| New Fare:
Effective April 27, 2015
|Increase/Change to Fare|
|Cash Fare||$3.50||25 cent increase|
|Adult Ticket||$2.90||10 cent increase|
|Adult – PRESTO||$2.90||10 cent increase|
|High School Student – Ticket||Fare category will apply to students between age 13 and 19.|
|High School Student Monthly Pass||The high school student monthly pass will be discontinued effective July 1, 2015.|
|Post-Secondary Student – PRESTO ePurse||$2.65||20 cent increase|
|Child Ticket||Fare category will apply to children between age 6 and 12.|
|Senior Ticket||$1.90||Five cent increase|
|Senior – PRESTO||$1.90||Five cent increase|
|Senior Monthly Pass||$57/month||$4 increase/mth|
|Senior Annual Pass||The senior annual pass will be discontinued effective January 1, 2016.|
|GO Transit Co-Fare||$0.80||5 cent increase|
Fare Change Background
- To continue to encourage a transition to PRESTO as a method of payment, the cash fare will increase to $3.50
• There is no change to high school student and child fares. Rates will be frozen at the 2009 rate.
• The high school student ticket will now apply to students between the age of 13 and 19 to bring consistency to student fares across the
Greater Toronto Hamilton Area (GTHA)
• The high school student monthly pass will be discontinued effective July 1, 2015.
• The child ticket will now apply to children between the age of six and 12 to bring consistency to child fares across the GTHA.
• The senior annual pass will be discontinued effective January 1, 2016.
Riders will now have more options to load PRESTO cards. In addition to the City Centre Transit Terminal, Islington Subway and GO Transit stations, customers can now load PRESTO cards at all community centres with the exception of Meadowvale Community Centre which is closed for renovations and Rivergrove Community Centre, expected to have the service soon.
For more information on MiWay bus fares visit miway.ca/busfares.