The Provincial Offences Courthouse located at 950 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W. will be closing on March 17, 2020 until further notice.
The City’s Emergency Operations Centre has been activated and staff are meeting regularly to monitor, develop and implement response measures as the situation evolves. To learn about the latest updates on actions taken by the City of Mississauga visit mississauga.ca/coronavirus.
For further COVID-19 information, please visit Region of Peel Public Health.
According to Peel Public Health, the best way to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses such as COVID-19 is to:
- Stay home if you are ill.
- Practice social distancing: reduce physical contact with others (of at least 2 metres apart) to break the pathways COVID-19 uses to move between people, such as shaking hands and direct contact.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose as much as possible.
- Avoid contact with people who are ill and their items.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow, not your hands. Wash hands after coughing and sneezing.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle, including a healthy diet, exercise and enough sleep, to enhance your body’s immune system.
- Get a flu shot. You are more likely to contract influenza than COVID-19 and being sick lowers your immunity to other germs.
City of Mississauga Media Relations
905-615-3200, ext. 5232