Shop, taste, learn and love ‘local’ at Mississauga’s Earth Market event on September 12 at The Backyard Farm and Market at Erin Mills.
This is the City’s second Earth Market of the year, this time focusing on local food and urban agriculture in Mississauga. From fresh local produce and delicious baked goods to fun outdoor activities for kids, there’s something for everyone at the Earth Market! This event is in partnership with The Backyard Farm and Market at Erin Mills and The Daniels Corporation.
Earth Market Mississauga
- Local market vendors
- Eating for Energy and Native Plants for Pollinators workshops
- Seed-saving activity with Ecosource
- Farm themed photo booth
- Kids’ storytelling with Erin Meadows Library
- Face painting
- Life size corn husk doll-making with Mississauga Museums
- Retracing the community’s agricultural past with Heritage Mississauga
- Local harvest cooking demonstrations with Streetsville Saucy chef
- Display booths from Credit Valley Conservation, Region of Peel, City of Mississauga Environment and Stormwater
- Live music from Mississauga’s own Jazz Plazma featuring Stella Jurgen
9 a.m. – 1 p.m., Saturday, September 12, 2015
The Backyard Farm and Market at Erin Mills
2475 Eglinton Ave. W.
Ward 11 Councillor George Carlson
Representatives from The Backyard Farm and Market at Erin Mills and The Daniels Corporation
Speakers and attendees will gather around the farm themed photo booth at 9:40 a.m.
For a complete list of Earth Market vendors and activities, visit mississauga.ca/earthmarket.