Today, Mississauga City Council declared its intention to fill the Ward 4 Council vacancy through a by-election. Council passed a by-law to call the by-election after considering a report prepared by staff outlining the proposed details of a by-election.
The corporate report includes key dates and budget requirements for holding the by-election.
Key dates for the Ward 4 Mississauga by-election include:
- Nomination Period – January 21 to March 13, 2015 at 2 p.m.
- Nomination Day – March 13, 2015
- Advance Poll Dates – Monday, April 13, 2015 at the Civic Centre and
- Saturday, April 18 and Sunday, April 19, 2015 at the Mississauga Valleys Community Centre.
- By-election Day – Monday, April 27, 2015
Visit mississaugavotes.ca for more information.
A by-election has been declared resulting from the appointment of Ward 4 Councillor Frank Dale as Peel Regional Chair on December 4, 2014. Councillor Dale was required to resign his seat on Mississauga’s City Council to take the job at Peel Region.
Council declared the office of Ward 4 Councillor vacant on December 17. In accordance with Section 262 (1) of the Municipal Act, 2001. A by-law to fulfil the requirements of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25 was enacted today to hold a by-election.