The City of Mississauga’s Fire and Emergency Services (MFES) and Peel Regional Paramedic Services (PRPS) are pleased to announce the official opening of the Airport Road Emergency Services building. The facility is home to MFES fire station 119 and PRPS Airport Road Station.
- Official Opening of Fire Station 119 and PRPS Airport Road Station
The City of Mississauga will host an official opening ceremony, followed by a facility tour and reception.
- Mayor Bonnie Crombie, City of Mississauga
- Carolyn Parrish, Councillor, Ward 5, City of Mississauga
- Frank Dale, Region of Peel Chair
- Paul Mitcham, Commissioner, Community Services, City of Mississauga
- Tim Beckett, Fire Chief, Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services
- Peter Dundas, Chief, Peel Regional Paramedic Services
Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 2:30 p.m., official remarks at 2:30 p.m.
6375 Airport Rd.
The facility is located adjacent to Toronto Pearson Airport
This new 11,100 square feet, state-of-the-art emergency services building has been designed with many sustainable features. This includes a white reflective roof, stormwater management practices, LED fixtures, high-efficiency heating and cooling equipment, permeable pavers, low flow plumbing fixtures and more. Once certified this will be the first Leading Engineering in Environmental Design (LEED) Gold standard facility owned by the City of Mississauga.