Looking for some fall baking options right in your own backyard?
We’ve got you covered! Drop by the Farmers Market – only two more drop-ins left until it ends on Wednesday, October 16, 2019 at Mississauga Celebration Square! There are tons of local fruits and veggies for you to add to your dishes this fall that will become your next crowd favourite – get them while you can or you’ll have to wait until next year!
Unsure where to start? Apples are in season! Swing by our Farmers Market to pick-up some sweet, juicy apples to make this fresh dessert.
What you’ll need:
- Apples, peeled and sliced (five apples feeds approximately four people)
- 1c oats
- 1c brown sugar
- ½ c flour
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt (omit if using salted butter)
- ½ c butter
How to make it:
- Pre-heat oven to 350o F.
- Place sliced apples at the bottom of a baking dish (note: if apples are watery, lightly sprinkle corn starch on them and toss together).
- For the topping: combine oats, sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and butter and mix together with hands until mixture is even and crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping overtop of apples.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream!