Visit the Bradley Museum for Mississauga’s 22nd Annual Maple Syrup Festival. Enjoy demonstrations, guided tours and activities and taste maple syrup poured over warm pancakes.
Maple Magic at Bradley Museum
Saturday, March 14 to Sunday, March 22, 2015 (every day during March Break)
- Weekdays: noon to 4 p.m.
- Weekends: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
1620 Orr Road
Family-friendly activities include:
- Guided tours of the maple grove sap line
- Learn how to tap a tree including First Nations, Pioneer and modern methods of making maple syrup
- Taste some maple syrup samples
- Enjoy some pancakes with real maple syrup ($5 + tax/per serving)
- Children’s crafts and games
- An exhibition in the Anchorage room – “Our Boys: Mississauga War Memorial”
- Horse & wagon rides ($2 per person)
- BBQ by the Museums of Mississauga
- Enjoy a nature walk to Lake Ontario through Meadowwood Park adjacent to Bradley Museum or through the scenic Rattray Marsh
For more information, visit museumsofmississauga.com or call Bradley Museum at 905-615-4860.
Maple Magic is part of Venture in Peel (V.I.P.), a partnership between Bradley Museum, Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA) and the Art Gallery of Mississauga (AGM). Visit all three sites from March 16 – 20 to enter into the V.I.P. draw to win great prizes:
- 2 PAMA family memberships and a family package to PAMA’s Bird Walk with CVC on April 11 ($40 value for a family of 5).
- Maple Basket from Bradley Museum (valued at $40 from the Museums of Mississauga).
- Two permanent art collection posters from AGM (valued at $20) as well as an individual level membership (valued at $50).