Taste, learn, shop and love local at Mississauga’s Earth Market event on September 17 at the Burnhamthorpe Community Centre.
This free and fun community event will feature educational workshops, interactive displays, environmental vendors, local food, live music and more. United Way will also host a community barbeque in support of the events at Hickory Drive.
Earth Market Mississauga
- Over 20 local environmental exhibitors and vendors
- EarthPLAY POP-UP adventure playground for kids
- Screening of the “Time is Now” documentary by Sustainable Joes
- MiWay Bus and a Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services fire truck
- Workshops on: stormwater management, local food, community safety, low-income energy assistance
- Presentation by author Nina Munteanu of her new book “Water Is…”
- Live music from Mississauga’s own Paul Cassidy
10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Saturday, September 17, 2016
Burnhamthorpe Community Centre
1500 Gulleden Drive
- Ward 3 Councillor Chris Fonseca
- Representatives from Toronto and Region Conservation
Speakers and event attendees will gather around the EarthPLAY POP-UP adventure playground at 10:15 a.m.
This Earth Market is in partnership with Toronto and Region Conservation and is located in the Burnhamthorpe SNAP neighbourhood. It is a collaborative project designed to create a more resilient sustainable neighbourhood.
The Earth Market is supported by TD Friends of the Environment Foundation.
For a complete list of Earth Market vendors and activities, visit mississauga.ca/earthmarket.
To stay informed about Mississauga’s environmental conditions and ways to live green throughout the year, visit mississauga.ca/environment. Follow @MiLivingGreen on Twitter and @SaugaGreen on Facebook.