Effective, Monday, April 13, MiWay will adjust service on select routes to help address capacity issues and assist people to get to where they need to be safely in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
MiWay continues to monitor on-street operations and reallocate bus capacity on routes. All schedules are subject to change without notice. To address demand on core routes, service will be restored on the following routes:
|1 Dundas||Weekday and Saturday restored to regular service|
|19 Hurontario||Weekday restored to regular service|
|35 Eglinton-Ninth Line||Weekday restored to regular service|
|101 Dundas Express||Weekday restored to 30 minute, all day service, making all stops|
|103 Hurontario Express||Weekday restored to 30-40 minute, all day service, making all stops|
|104 Derry Express||Weekday restored to 40-45 minute, rush hour service, making all stops|
The following GO Shuttles will be cancelled until further notice due to GO Train service reductions:
- 32 Lisgar GO
- 37 Creditview-Erindale GO
- 64 Meadowvale GO
- 67 Streetsville GO
The following changes remain in effect:
- MiWay remains committed to providing city-wide transit service and supporting the physical distancing efforts recommended by Peel Public Health and the provincial and federal governments.
- Select seats on all buses have been taped off to promote physical distancing within the bus and access to the driver area is restricted. Passenger levels continue to be monitored and busier routes enhanced with additional buses on a daily basis. Some routes may experience full buses due to fluctuating customer demands.
- Travel only when needed: please limit travel to essential trips to help flatten the curve. MiWay remains open as an essential service to get people where they absolutely need to be.
- Customers will board from the rear doors only until further notice.
- Customers with accessibility needs requiring the use of the ramp may continue to use the front doors.
- No fare payment is required until further notice.
- MiWay transit operators are permitted to wear personally-supplied face masks while on duty. This is a personal choice by the individual.
- City Centre Transit Terminal (CCTT) remains open to the public. Construction at the terminal will continue at the discretion of the contractors.