Film, TV and photography permits

You’ll need a permit to film on City of Mississauga streets, property and parks for commercial or student productions.

You also need a permit if you plan to take commercial or wedding photos within City facilities, such as arenas, community centres, parks, museums or halls.

Apply for a film permit

Film permit applications can be submitted online.

Apply for film permit

Supporting documents

After submitting your film permit application, you’ll need to provide proof of insurance with a minimum coverage of $2 million or more per occurrence. The insurance must include the permit holder’s name and be completed, signed and stamped by the insurer or an authorized agent.

You may also need a:

Email your supporting documents to

We’ll contact you to discuss the details of your permit. Once your permit is approved and paid, we’ll email it to you.

During filming, you must keep your film permit with you at all times. All permitted vehicles must also have a copy of the permit in their windshield which must be visible on location.

Film permit fees

If your filming requires the use of a City street, sidewalk or boulevard, a fee of $422.41 (plus HST) will apply.

If you’re filming on City property such as parks, libraries or community centres, location fees will also apply.

If you cancel an approved permit before paying the fee, a cancellation fee of 15% will apply as per the standard City of Mississauga Film Permit Terms and Conditions. If a permit has been approved and paid for, there will be no refund of fees.

Rush applications

Film Permits require a minimum of three business days to process. If your film permit can be processed in less than three business days, an additional fee of $100.80 (plus HST) will apply.

Note that we cannot guarantee processing of rush applications.

A cancellation fee is not applicable to expedited (rush) permits. Cancelled expedited permits must be paid in full.

Student productions

If you’re a film student, list your school as the film company on your permit application. Your school must provide proof of insurance for you.

Commercial drones and aerial filming

To film with a commercial drone you’ll need to follow all Transport Canada’s drone safety rules.

Prior to flight you’ll need to submit:



Apply for a photography permit

You can book a City facility to take commercial, group or wedding photographs by completing the facility rental or park permit request form.

After your application is submitted, the Customer Service Centre will follow up with you to confirm your booking.

You can contact the Customer Service Centre by phone at 905-615-4100 or in person at Paramount Fine Foods Centre, 5600 Rose Cherry Place from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Wedding photography

Weddings and groups will get a 90 minute block of time with a photography permit. Reservations by Mississauga residents are on a first-come, first-served basis. You can make a reservation up to 10 months in advance. If you’re not a Mississauga resident, you can make a reservation two months in advance.

Commercial drones and aerial photography

To take photos with a commercial drone you’ll need to follow all Transport Canada’s drone safety rules.

Prior to flight you’ll need to submit: