Small grants of $250 to $2,500 are available to support community projects or initiatives.
Who can apply
This grant is only open to Registered Groups that are in good standing with the City. Informal groups of residents or other community groups may apply if the project is sponsored by a Registered Group in good standing with the City.
For more information, review the eligibility criteria in the Program Guidelines (PDF).
Types of projects funded
This grant is available for new initiatives or projects focused on the theme “by the community for the community” that can:
- Strengthen neighbourhoods
- Increase resident engagement
- Support participation in events and activities at the neighbourhood level
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Engage new audiences including youth, newcomers and older adults in sport and recreational activities
- Support age-friendly communities
- Neighbourhood learning events that allow residents to enhance knowledge and develop new skills around areas of mutual interest
- Neighbourhood events that allow residents to get to know one another and make connections
How to apply
The Small Project Matching Grant Program is currently closed.
If you have questions or need more information about the City’s grant programs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-615-3200 ext. 5476.