The Small Projects Matching Grant program provides small grants of $250 to $2,500 to support community projects that:
- Strengthen neighbourhoods
- Increase resident engagement
- Support participation in events and activities at the neighbourhood level, including celebrations relating to Mississauga’s 50th anniversary
The Small Project Matching Grant can help you:
- Connect with your members and stakeholders
- Engage new people in your activities
- Implement a project in partnership with another organization
Review the Program Guidelines (PDF) for more information and examples of past projects.
Who can apply
This grant is only open to Registered Groups in good standing with the City of Mississauga’s Community Group Registry Program Policy (CGRP) (08-01-01).
If your group is not yet registered, please visit our CGRP web page to register.
Informal groups of residents or other community groups may apply if the project is sponsored by a Registered Group in good standing with the City.
Applicants who have not received funding from the City of Mississauga’s Grant Programs within the past two years must attend an information webinar.
To register for a webinar, please click one of the following links. Once your registration is confirmed, you will receive an email with details on how to attend and access the webinar.
We recommend that you attend a consultation with City staff to:
- Confirm eligibility to apply
- Ensure alignment of your small project with the funding guidelines
Webinar date and time
The 2023 Small Projects Matching Grant will open on August 21, 2023. The deadline to submit your application is October 13, 2023, at 4:30 p.m.
To arrange an alternative date to discuss your application please email Jennu Baskaran at Jennu.Baskaran@mississauga.ca.