This program provides small grants of $250 to $2,500 to support community projects or initiatives.
Who can apply
This grant is only open to Registered Groups in good standing with the City of Mississauga’s Community Group Registry Program Policy (08-01-01). Informal groups of residents or other community groups may apply if the project is sponsored by a Registered Group in good standing with the City.
Types of projects funded
This grant is available for new initiatives or projects focused on the theme “by the community for the community” that can:
- Strengthen neighbourhoods
- Increase resident engagement
- Support participation in events and activities at the neighbourhood level
2021 Theme: Stronger
Our community continues to show strength as we face the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic. The City’s Registered Groups are known to be creative in developing ideas that connect and engage our neighbourhoods, even during the pandemic. Together we will help make Mississauga even stronger.
2021 successful applicants
- Sherwood Forrest Residents Association – Little free libraries
- Peel Multicultural Council – Supporting active residents to build strong neighbourhoods
- Clarkson BIA – Community pollinator garden
- Safe City Mississauga – Neighbourhood watch self-defence seminar
- Mississauga Arts Council – Mississauga virtual performance art party
- Mississauga Cricket League – Youth cricket workshop
- Passion for Parkinson’s Foundation – Parkinson’s in the park
- Iranian Community Mississauga – Happier stronger
- Tong Le Senior Association – Home gardening
- I Can Woman (Iranian Community Mississauga) – Confidence matters
- Erindale Village – Reconnect and beautify the village, perennial pollinator plant
- Citizens of the Advancement of Community Development – Digital community college
Past successful projects
If you have questions or need more information about the City’s grant programs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-615-3200 ext. 5476.