Small grants of $250 to $2,500 are available to support community projects or initiatives.
Who can apply
This grant is only open to Registered Groups in good standing with the City of Mississauga’s Community Group Registry Program Policy (08-01-01). Informal groups of residents or other community groups may apply if the project is sponsored by a Registered Group in good standing with the City.
Types of projects funded
This grant is available for new initiatives or projects focused on the theme “by the community for the community” that can:
- Strengthen neighbourhoods
- Increase resident engagement
- Support participation in events and activities at the neighbourhood level
2021 Theme: Stronger
Our community continues to show strength as we face the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic. The City’s Registered Groups are known to be creative in developing ideas that connect and engage our neighbourhoods, even during the pandemic. Together we will help make Mississauga even stronger.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Implement alternatives to your traditional activities that may not be possible due to pandemic restrictions
- Engage new audiences including youth, newcomers and older adults
- Outreach and engage new people in your activities, especially those that may face barriers to participation
- Implement a project in partnership with another organization
- Support age-friendly communities
- Neighbourhood learning that allow residents to enhance knowledge and develop new skills around areas of mutual interest
- Neighbourhood activities that allow residents to get to know one another and make connections
Here are some past successful projects for inspiration
How to apply
Applications for the 2021 Small Project Matching Grant are now closed.
Applications for the first round of the 2021 Small Project Matching Grant Program are now closed. If funds remain after the first round, we will accept and review applications until either October 2, 2021 or until there are no funds remaining.
If you have questions or need more information about the City’s grant programs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-615-3200 ext. 5476.