Report a problem with a ditch

Use this service to report:

  • Cracked grates or frames
  • Pavement or ground that’s collapsing, crumbling or settling around the ditch inlet
  • Debris such as sticks, rocks, leaves or other material in the ditch inlet
  • Sides of the ditch have become too steep
  • The water in the ditch is stagnant and not draining into the inlet

If the problem is creating a hazard or public safety concern, call 311(905-615-4311 outside City limits).

Check request status Report problem

What happens next

  • We’ll complete an inspection within three business days and make the area safe
  • If more work is required, we’ll add it to our job list

Identifying the problem

If you aren’t sure whether your issue is with a ditch or a ditch inlet, you can use these images to help you decide.

Ditch next to a roadDitch inlet

Personal information

Your personal information is collected under the authority of sections 11(1) and 227(c) of the Municipal Act, 2001 and will be used by City of Mississauga Staff to respond to your service request and/or inquiry.