Most City of Mississauga formal competitive bid opportunities are posted on the City's Biddingo.com landing page at www.biddingo.com/mississauga.
Biddingo's online portal provides vendors with a "one stop shop" for a wide array of current bid opportunities and bid information available from government and private sector organizations across Canada, on an annual subscription, or "pay-as-you-go" basis. City document fees are in addition to Biddingo subscription or service fees.
Vendors are responsible for completing the on-line vendor application form with their current contact information and for selecting their commodity categories. The City will no longer maintain vendor lists or fax bid opportunity notices to incumbent or prospective vendors.
The City of Mississauga contracts for the supply of a large variety of goods and services including consulting and construction. The requirements are divided into broad commodity classifications which have been allocated to professional Buyers who coordinate various acquisition activities depending upon the projected value and the specific needs of their client departments.
Most acquisitions projected to cost $100,000 or more are advertised here, on the City's website and also on the website for the Ontario Public Buyers Association (OPBA).
Procurements valued at less than $100,000 are bid by invitation. Request types include:
- Requests for Information - used primarily as a market research tool.
- Requests for Pre-qualification - used to establish a list of qualified bidders.
- Requests for Expression of Interest - used to determine the interest of the market place and short lists for bidding.
- Requests for Tender - used to obtain irrevocable bids for specific goods and services.
- Requests for Proposal - used to obtain bids based on bidder determined approach and/or method.
Procurements valued at less than $100,000 are bid by invitation.
Specific information on the City's by-laws and procedures may be obtained by contacting one of the Buyers.