According to the City of Mississauga's Strategic Plan, one of the City's strategic goals is to build and maintain its infrastructure for its citizens for generations to come. Sound, functional and attractive buildings, facilities, roads, transit, public and open spaces are integral to completing our neighbourhoods as we build a City for the 21st century.
Formerly agricultural lands, with a currently protected wetland, the site will be the new home of 75,000sf community centre and 50 acre park.
For more information on the development and studies of the park please click the following link.
- To provide a City owned recreation facility and community sports park for the residents of Ward 10 and neighbouring communities and to serve City-wide sport's needs.
- Design and build public spaces that are consistent with the recommendations of the 2014 Future Directions, Recreation, Park & Forestry, Library and Fire & Emergency Services Master Plans
- Design with an environmentally responsible approach
- Build a sustainable building that meets accessibility requirements and Mississauga Green Building standard.
- Create a design that provides for variety of recreational activities, including passive and programmed uses.
Once completed, residents will enjoy the benefits of:
- A social and recreation hub for the community
- New Aquatics Centre
- New triple gymnasium
- New meeting rooms and program space
- New outdoor spaces and trails
- New sports fields
- Enhanced natural areas
The City of Mississauga is providing a new park and community centre within the Ninth Line lands future development area between Highway 403 and 401. The project will serve this urban densification along the City's western boundary, near a tributary of Sixteen Mile Creek, with a recreation centre and a 50-acre park.
Construction is scheduled to commence in spring 2018 and will include:
- Aquatics - Approximately 27,000 sq. ft. includes 25m, 6 lane pool, leisure pool
- Gymnasia - Approximately 18,000 sq. ft.
- Multipurpose rooms/spaces - Approximately 6000 sq. ft. including kitchen/servery
- Common areas - Approximately 5000 sq. ft. includes lobby, general office, public washrooms, cash room, shipping & receiving etc.
- Change rooms & washrooms to support the pool and gymnasium
Park - Phase 1
- Two lit artificial turf soccer fields, one with a seasonal dome
- Outdoor fitness equipment
- Natural area enhancements
- Parks Operations space
- Site servicing, infrastructure and parking
Information, including the date and status for each phase may change throughout the project.