Due to the inclement winter weather, please be advised of the following City closures and program cancellations for the City of Mississauga:
Libraries – the following libraries are currently closed:
- Lakeview Library – closed for the day
- Malton Library – closed for the day
- South Common Library will close at 2 p.m.
All other libraries will close as of 4 p.m. today.
Other City Facility Closures – the following facilities are closed for the remainder of the day:
- Meadowvale Theatre
- Small Arms Inspection Building
- City’s Museums – Benares and Bradley Historic House
- Mississauga Celebration Square Skating Rink
- City of Mississauga Recreation programs are cancelled as of 3 p.m.
- Community Centres (including fitness centres), arenas and the Paramount Fine Foods Centre will remain open to the public.
- Facility and room rentals will proceed as scheduled at this time. Contact your group, league or club directly for details as this status may change throughout the day.
- All Culture and Library programs are cancelled (day and evening).
Please contact facilities directly for details in case closures are required due to extreme weather conditions.
- With winter maintenance plowing operations underway and continuing overnight, the issuance of temporary parking permits has been suspended.
- The City’s Animal Services shelter will remain open at this time. Please contact the facility directly for details.
- With the inclement weather expected to continue throughout the day, MiWay may experience delays. Your patience is appreciated throughout your commute.
Winter operations information
The City of Mississauga has declared a Significant Weather Event under Regulation 239/02, Minimum Maintenance Standards for Municipal Highways (Municipal Act). Winter maintenance crews have been deployed to maintain road safety. Residents should exercise caution when travelling on roads and sidewalks as snow clearing may take longer to complete. Service levels will take effect once the Significant Weather Declaration has been lifted.
- Crews will focus on keeping major roads clear for the duration of the storm so that emergency vehicles and transit can operate safely. Once completed, crews will move on to clearing residential roads, priority sidewalks and bus stops.
- Residents are asked to remove parked vehicles from streets for equipment to safely and efficiently clear roads.
- For information about the City’s snow clearing activities, follow @MississaugaSnowon Twitter, visit mississauga.ca/snow and download the Mississauga Roads App to track our snow plows and salt trucks online.
Senior Communications Advisor
City of Mississauga
905-615-3200, ext. 5406