Mississauga has declared a Significant Weather Event. The weather is anticipated to bring significant snowfall and high winds.
City closures and cancellations
Due to inclement weather, all Recreation, Library and Culture programs and drop-in activities will be cancelled this evening beginning at 5 p.m. Both the scheduled Mississauga Steelheads OHL game at Paramount Fine Foods Centre and the Hunchback of Notre Dame Encore Series production at Meadowvale Theatre will continue to run as scheduled. All programming is scheduled to resume on Saturday, March 4. Where possible, cancelled classes will be rescheduled. More information will be provided at a later date to impacted customers.
Locations with scheduled rentals will remain open for warming purposes. All other facilities will close as of 5 p.m., including libraries. Permit holders may cancel without penalty by contacting the Customer Service Centre at 905-615-4100 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Residents should exercise caution when travelling. Stay alert when using our roads whether you’re walking, cycling, taking transit or driving.
- Stay indoors and avoid unnecessary travel, if possible.
- Give winter maintenance crews space and time to complete their snow clearing activities like treating and clearing roads, sidewalks, bus shelters, trails and parking lots at parks, community centres and libraries.
- You may experience delays on MiWay due to the winter road conditions. Please give yourself extra time when planning your trip.
- Please bring pets indoors, and remember to call Animal Services at 905-896-5858 if you see an animal that is sick, injured or in distress
- Check your emergency kit to make sure you have everything you need.
- Report any downed trees, blocked roadways/sidewalks or safety hazards to 311.
- Report power outages in Mississauga to Alectra at 1-833-ALECTRA
(1-833-253-2872) or via Twitter @alectranews. Consider charging your cellphone, have a flashlight on hand and review these emergency preparedness tips.
Winter operations information
- Winter maintenance operations are underway and continuing overnight.
- The issuance of temporary parking permits has been suspended. Please keep parked cars off the street so crews can work safely and efficiently.
- Always apply salt and ice-melting materials as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Plan to shovel snow early and often to help limit heavy snow build-up and consider helping those who may need help clearing snow from their driveway or sidewalk.
- Residents should be advised there could be significant windrows with this event with this amount of accumulation.
For information about the City’s snow clearing activities, follow @MississaugaSnow on Twitter, visit mississauga.ca/snow.
City of Mississauga Media Relations
905-615-3200 Ext. 5232