Some Mississauga residents can get ahead of winter and start applying for the City’s Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Program. The program provides snow clearing assistance by clearing a space in the windrow for residents 65 years or older and for people with physical disabilities.
A windrow is a pile of snow left at the end of a driveway after a snow plow has cleared a road. Eligible residents have until 9 p.m. on November 8, 2019 to apply for this year’s program.
“We encourage eligible residents to take advantage of this opportunity so that snow clearing and getting out of their driveway is made easier for them this winter”
said Mickey Frost, Director, Works Operations and Maintenance. “As this program only accepts a maximum of 300 applicants on a first-come first-serve basis, residents should apply as soon as they can to secure their spot.”
More details about the program:
- The program will run from December 2, 2019 to March 27, 2020.
- Windrow snow clearing will be completed up to 36 hours after a snowfall has ended.
- A space in the windrow will be cleared (about three metres or 10 feet wide) to allow one car to get in and out of the driveway.
- Free for eligible residents who require financial assistance and $200 for those who don’t.
- Only one person per address can apply.
Visit mississauga.ca/windrow to download the application form. Completed applications can be submitted to any community centre, the Mississauga Seniors’ Centre or the Recreation Customer Service Centre located at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre.
For more information, visit mississauga.ca/windrow.