On June 21, the Meadowvale Community Centre will close its doors as the facility undergoes a two-year reconstruction. Demolition will start on July 1, 2014 and the new facility will reopen in summer 2016.
As a thank you to the Meadowvale community for their support and patience during construction, an open house will be held to close the facility. The open house will include a BBQ, give-aways, games, community programs, children’s activities and program demonstrations.
Open House Details
Saturday, June 21, 2014
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Meadowvale Community Centre
6655 Glen Erin Dr.
• Hosted by Councillor Pat Saito, Ward 9
• Paul Mitcham, Commissioner of Community Services
• Howie Dayton, Director, Recreation Division
• Meadowvale Community Centre Staff
• Recreation staff
• Residents and community organizations
Set to open in summer 2016, the new efficient and cost-effective facility will expand and improve recreation programming, public accessibility and replace building systems. Meadowvale Library will also move to the new space so residents will have convenient access to both recreational and library services.
Once the Community Centre is completed, residents will enjoy the benefits of:
• An enlarged and integrated fitness space
• New meeting rooms and program space
• A new gymnasium
• A new therapeutic pool
• Improved security and control access points
The Meadowvale Community Centre will also be the City’s first community centre to pursue a LEED certification, building a greener and sustainable community.