On October 25, MiWay will be implementing service changes to ensure that service continues to adapt to customer needs and connect to new destinations. MiWay is committed to monitoring ridership levels across the transit network as travel patterns continue to evolve in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and recovery framework.
October 25 service changes are summarized below.
Routes will be revised and schedules will be updated to service the new Churchill Meadows Community Centre
- 9 Rathburn-Thomas will connect (Monday to Sunday) the new Churchill Meadows Community Centre and City Centre Transit Terminal via Thomas St and Rathburn Rd.
- 35 Eglinton will service (Monday to Sunday) the new Churchill Meadows Community Centre along Eglinton Ave connecting Renforth Transitway Station and Kipling Bus Terminal.
- 35A Eglinton-Tenth Line will be cancelled to avoid service duplication. The revised Route 35 will service Erin Centre Blvd and Tenth Line (Eastbound only).
Reducing service where demand has decreased
- 49A McDowell-Streetsville GO will be cancelled due to low ridership demand. Customers can take Route 9 Rathburn-Thomas to the Streetsville GO St
- Route 49 McDowell will continue to operate on weekdays with revised hours of service (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.).
Adding more service where demand has increased
More trips will be added to the following routes:
- Weekday: 42 Derry (late night), 51 Tomken (rush hours and midday) and 53 Kennedy (rush hours and midday).
- Saturday: 66 McLaughlin (morning).
- Sunday: 22 Finch (all day), 42 Derry (all day) and 66 McLaughlin (all day).
The hours of service will be extended on the following routes:
- Weekday: 103 Hurontario.
- Saturday: 23 Lakeshore, 26 Burnhamthorpe, and 39 Britannia.
- Sunday: 1 Dundas, 5 Dixie, 11 Westwood, 17 Hurontario, 26 Burnhamthorpe, 39 Britannia, 42 Derry, and 103 Hurontario.Schedule Adjustments to Improve Service Reliability
Schedules will be adjusted on these routes in response to changes in traffic conditions:
- Weekday: Routes 3 Bloor, 10 Bristol-Britannia, 26 Burhamthrope, and 46 Tenth Line-Osprey.
- Saturday: Route 39 Britannia.Revised Weekend Service to Sheridan College
- Route 61 Mavis weekend routing and schedules will change to service Sheridan College seven days a week. The weekend routing will be no longer service Financial Dr and be consistent with the weekday routing.Platform changes at the Westwood Square Transit Terminal
Bus stop locations will change at this terminal to support service delivery using more, 60-foot articulated buses on Derry Road.
More information about these service changes including revised route maps is available on miway.ca/oct25.
Customers are encouraged to use PRESTO as a contactless way to pay. With PRESTO, your transfer is active for two hours from when you first tap your card on the bus (and you don’t need a paper transfer).
Wearing a mask is still required under City by-law when riding MiWay and in all indoor public spaces, including inside transit terminal buildings.
For more information on MiWay’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, visit miway.ca/coronavirus.
City of Mississauga
905-615-3200 ext. 4839