We are committed to providing our clients with innovative, reliable, responsive and secure solutions that align business, process and technology.
The services we provide
The Information Technology service area has six sections that focus on technology planning, service delivery, support, and operations to enable City services and drive efficiencies.
Interesting facts about this service
- IT operates seven days a week, 365 days a year providing support to over 5,000 staff in over 100 facilities
- The City’s website provides online services, information and transactions with 15.9 million unique visits in 2019
- Wireless Mississauga is free public access to high-speed WiFi available at many City facilities (libraries, community centres, marinas, and arenas). In 2019, the total number of hours of free City WiFi used by the public translated to 435 years of service
- The Public Sector Network is a state-of-the-art fibre network co-owned by the Region of Peel, Mississauga, Brampton, and Caledon. Over 828 kilometres of high-speed fibre connect 968 partner and 17 subscriber facilities
- For the period June, 2019 to March, 2020, the City received an average of 898,000 malicious emails per month. At the beginning of the pandemic lockdown, the City received the following number of malicious emails: May, 1.22 million; June, 1.7 million; July, 1.28 million