We are committed to providing our clients with innovative, reliable, responsive and secure solutions that align business, process and technology.
The services we provide
The Information Technology service area has six sections that focus on technology planning, service delivery, support, and operations to enable City services and drive efficiencies.
Interesting facts about this service
- IT operates seven days a week, 365 days a year providing support to over 5,000 staff in over 100 facilities
- The City’s website provides online services, information and transactions, with 14.6 million unique visits occurring in 2020
- Wireless Mississauga is free public access to high-speed Wi-Fi available at many City facilities (libraries, community centres, marinas, and arenas). In 2020, the total number of hours of free City Wi-Fi used by the public translated to 183 years of service
- The Public Sector Network is a state-of-the-art fibre network co-owned by the Region of Peel, Mississauga, Brampton, and Caledon. Over 842 kilometres of high-speed fibre connect 1,016 partner and 15 subscriber sites. Among the co-owners, the City has the largest number of sites/nodes and the lowest cost per connection
- From January to July 2021, the City received an average of 508,000 malicious emails monthly while in 2020 the monthly average was 987,000. During the pandemic lockdown, monthly malicious emails received peaked at 1.7 million in June 2020