To provide library services to meet life-long informational, educational, cultural and recreational needs of all Mississauga citizens.
The services we provide
The Mississauga Library System (the Library) operates 18 libraries of varying sizes, including a large Central Library at Celebration Square. These facilities provide physical space where people can gather, attend programs, and access the Library’s collections. The Library runs thousands of free programs a year for all demographics and also operates three permanent and one mobile Makerspace equipped with technology that encourages people to create. The Library also has thousands of eResources available, as well as a website and online catalogue that can be accessed remotely.
Interesting facts about this service
- 90 per cent of residents responding to the 2019 Citizen Satisfaction Survey expressed overall satisfaction with Library services in Mississauga
- There were more than 4.3 million in-person visits to the Library in 2019
- In 2019, people made 3.3 million visits to the Library website and catalogue, and the Library has a growing social media following of over 14,000 subscribers
- The Library boasts a collection in excess of 1.08 million items
- Items were loaned over 6.14 million times to the public in 2019
- In 2019, over 132,000 people attended Library programs
- The Open Window Hub has helped over 475 at-risk residents, with an average of 16 visits per day and 14 new clients being referred to the hub each month