To provide library services to meet life-long informational, educational, cultural and recreational needs of all Mississauga citizens.
The services we provide
The Mississauga Library operates 18 libraries of varying sizes. These facilities provide physical space where people can gather, attend programs, leverage technology and access the collections. The library runs thousands of free programs a year for all demographics and operates three permanent makerspaces equipped with technology that encourages people to create. The library also has thousands of eResources available, a website, and an online catalogue that can be accessed remotely.
Interesting facts about this service
- Library has seen a 21% increase in customer satisfaction with the Library website since its redesign in 2019
- When Mississauga libraries were open to the public in 2020, there was an average of 3,298 daily visits
- In 2020, people made over 10 million visits to the Library website and catalogue, and the library has a growing social media following of over 17,000 subscribers
- The library boasts a collection in excess of 1.08 million items
- Items were loaned over 3.9 million times to the public in 2020
- During provincially mandated library closures in 2020, curbside pickup service was used by customers 61,719 times
- In 2020, there were over 24,800 attendees for in-person and virtual Library programs
- The Open Window Hub helped over 3,000 clients in 2020 through support programs and service referrals