MiWay provides Mississauga with a shared travel choice that is friendly, reliable and respects the environment.
We help to connect people to their destinations with ease. We are people who care about people. Our dedicated team is passionate about providing a customer experience that makes our riders feel valued.
Helping make life in our city better. We strive to listen to customers as we continuously evolve to meet the changing needs of the community.
The services we provide
- MiWay is Ontario’s third largest municipal transit service provider, operating conventional, fixed route transit service
- Within the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA), MiWay routes create economical and efficient transportation connections between popular destinations throughout Mississauga and our services connect with neighbouring transit systems including GO Transit, Toronto Transit Commission, Brampton Transit and Oakville Transit
- MiWay provides two types of service: MiExpress, providing frequent service on limited-stop routes; and MiLocal, providing service on regular and school routes
Interesting facts about this service
- The City of Mississauga purchased the local transit service in 1974. At that time only eight routes operated with 54 buses that were boarded four million times that year. Today MiWay operates a total of 65 routes with 507 buses and customers boarded a MiWay bus 31.4 million times in 2020 (Canadian Urban Transit Association 2020)
- MiWay is participating in a hydrogen fuel cell electric bus demonstration and integration trial, which will be delivered in two phases. This trial is the only one of its kind in Canada, and will help Mississauga understand how hydrogen-electric technology can help advance the City’s commitment to a zero-emission bus fleet
- By the end of 2021, the MiWay bus fleet will consist of 507 buses, of which 41 will be hybrid-electric, with the remaining 466 powered by clean diesel. Hybrid-electric buses will make up eight per cent of MiWay’s total fleet