MiWay provides Mississauga with a shared travel choice that is friendly, reliable and respects the environment.
We help to connect people to their destinations with ease. We are people who care about people. Our dedicated team is passionate about providing a customer experience that makes our riders feel valued.
Helping make life in our city better. We strive to listen to customers as we continuously evolve to meet the changing needs of the community.
The services we provide
- MiWay is Ontario’s third largest municipal transit service provider, operating conventional, fixed route transit service
- Within the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA), MiWay routes create economical and efficient transportation connections between popular destinations throughout Mississauga and our services connect with neighbouring transit systems including GO Transit, Toronto Transit Commission, Brampton Transit and Oakville Transit
- MiWay provides two types of service: MiExpress, providing frequent service on limited-stop routes; and MiLocal, providing service on regular and school routes
Interesting facts about this service
- The City of Mississauga purchased the local transit service in 1974. At that time only eight routes operated with 54 buses that were boarded four million times that year. Today MiWay operates a total of 79 routes with 511 buses (September 2020), and customers board a MiWay bus over 57.8 million times per year (Canadian Urban Transit Association 2019)
- In 1982 MiWay was the first transit system in Ontario to utilize 60-foot articulated buses. Today there are 68 in our fleet. In 1987 MiWay was among the first Ontario transit systems to begin using an electronic farebox and in 1989, the first to introduce air conditioning
- In 2020, MiWay is celebrating its 10th anniversary since rebranding in 2010