The City partners with the Province of Ontario on matters under their jurisdiction that impact our local community.
Local Members of Provincial Parliament
- Mississauga Malton: Deepak Anand
- Mississauga Lakeshore: Rudy Cuzzetto
- Mississauga Centre: Natalia Kusendova
- Mississauga East-Cooksville: Kaleed Rasheed
- Mississauga-Erin Mills: Sheref Sabawy
- Mississauga-Streetsville: Nina Tangri
Mississauga asks the province
The City supports the provincial government in programs that grow the local economy and help create jobs.
As we look to 2021 and beyond, Mississauga continues to face significant financial pressures resulting from COVID-19. As part of the Province of Ontario’s 2021 budget consultation process, we are requesting continued funding support to address the ongoing impacts of COVID-19 on city services and operating budgets.
To ensure Mississauga builds back better, we are also seeking funding support and collaboration for the City’s top priorities and initiatives:
- Developing new revenue tools for cities
- Infrastructure renewal, transit and active transportation projects
- Major infrastructure projects
- Mitigating the impacts of climate change
- Amending the GTAA Payments in Lieu of Taxes formula
- Building great places and amenities through key city-building initiatives
- Closing the supply gap by funding and building more affordable housing
- Kick-starting the local and national economy by supporting small businesses and other sectors hardest hit by the pandemic
- Investing in existing and new programs for the tourism and cultural sectors
- Keeping workers safe by providing adequate sick pay
- Investing in innovation to jumpstart the economy and help entrepreneurs succeed
- Financial supports for domestic and foreign direct investment
- Recovery and growth of the air transportation sector
The City acknowledges the funding it’s currently receiving from the province through the Provincial Gas Tax, the Safe Restart Agreement, Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program (ICIP), the Clean Water and Wastewater Fund (CWWF), the Municipal Transit Enhanced Cleaning Program and the funding provided to Metrolinx for the Hurontario Light Rail Transit system. We look forward to partnering on future funding opportunities.