The City partners with the Province of Ontario on matters under their jurisdiction that impact our local community.
Local Members of Provincial Parliament
- Mississauga Malton: Deepak Anand
- Mississauga Lakeshore: Rudy Cuzzetto
- Mississauga Centre: Natalia Kusendova
- Mississauga East-Cooksville: Kaleed Rasheed
- Mississauga-Erin Mills: Sheref Sabawy
- Mississauga-Streetsville: Nina Tangri
Mississauga asks the province
The City supports the provincial government in programs that grow the local economy and help create jobs.
As we look to 2022 and beyond, Mississauga continues to face significant financial pressures resulting from COVID-19. As part of the Province of Ontario’s 2022 budget consultation process, we are requesting continued funding support to address the ongoing impacts of COVID-19 on city services, operating budgets, and other city building initiatives.
To ensure Mississauga continues to provide quality services, we are also seeking funding support and collaboration for the City’s top priorities and initiatives:
- Developing new revenue tools for cities
- Infrastructure renewal, transit and active transportation projects
- Major infrastructure projects
- Mitigating the impacts of climate change
- Provide the additional Justices of the Peace required to address the growing backlog of Provincial Offence Notices in our court system
- Termination of the Hwy 413/GTA West Transportation Corridor
- Building great places and amenities through key city-building initiatives
- Closing the supply gap by funding and building more affordable housing
- Targeted supports for small businesses and other sectors hardest hit by the pandemic
- Investing in local business innovation and competitiveness
- Investing in existing and new programs for the tourism, cultural, and air travel sectors
- Investing in talent development and access that address labour shortages
- Prioritize investments that support a fair and inclusive economic recovery.
The City acknowledges the funding it’s currently receiving from the province through the Provincial Gas Tax, the Safe Restart Agreement, Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program (ICIP), the Clean Water and Wastewater Fund (CWWF), the Municipal Transit Enhanced Cleaning Program and the funding provided to Metrolinx for the Hurontario Light Rail Transit system. We look forward to partnering on future funding opportunities.