The City partners with the Province of Ontario on matters under their jurisdiction that impact our local community.
Local Members of Provincial Parliament
- Mississauga Malton: Deepak Anand
- Mississauga Lakeshore: Rudy Cuzzetto
- Mississauga Centre: Natalia Kusendova
- Mississauga East-Cooksville: Kaleed Rasheed
- Mississauga-Erin Mills: Sheref Sabawy
- Mississauga-Streetsville: Nina Tangri
Mississauga asks the province
The City supports the provincial government in programs that grow the local economy and help create jobs. Each year we request ongoing support from the Government of Ontario for the City’s top priorities and initiatives:
- Strategic transit investments
- Investments for climate change
- Legislative change and support to help increase affordable housing
- Sustainable infrastructure funding
- Investment in development of the City’s waterfront and other city-building initiatives
The City acknowledges the funding it’s currently receiving from the province through the Provincial Gas Tax, the Clean Water and Wastewater Fund (CWWF) and the funding provided to Metrolinx for the Hurontario Light Rail Transit system. We look forward to partnering on future funding opportunities.