Hurontario Light Rail Transit (LRT) will provide 18 km of rapid transit with 19 stops on a dedicated right-of-way and will link to GO Stations at Port Credit and Cooksville, the Mississauga Transitway, Square One GO Bus Terminal, Brampton Gateway Terminal, and key MiWay and Brampton Transit routes.
Metrolinx, the provincial government agency responsible for leading the project, is naming the Hurontario LRT project as the Hazel McCallion Line, to commemorate the former Mississauga mayor.
Mobilinx, a consortium of local and international companies, was awarded the contract to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the system.
The City of Mississauga’s Rapid Transit Program Office is working closely with Metrolinx.
Major construction began in spring 2020. As the project lead, Metrolinx continues to advise that substantial completion remains 2024 contractually. The construction period is expected to bring impacts and disruptions to residents and businesses. The project team has committed to informing the public and stakeholders with as much notice as possible of potential disruptions.
Moving forward with this project represents a major step towards transformational transit improvements in Mississauga and Brampton—part of Metrolinx’s long-term vision for an integrated, sustainable transit network connecting the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area.
Hurontario LRT forms a critical link for businesses and residents along the Hurontario corridor. In the next two decades, about a quarter of the City’s employment and residents will be along this corridor.
Locally-assembled Alstom light rail vehicles will be utilized as part of Hurontario LRT.
The Downtown Loop continues to be a top city building priority for Mississauga and staff remain open to working with all levels of government to see this implemented. The Loop can be added at anytime without affecting LRT operations.
- Mississauga Ready to Work with Mobilinx and Metrolinx to get Hurontario LRT Up and Running
- City Responds to Province’s Changes to the Hurontario LRT Project
- Hurontario Light Rail Transit Project Update: Details For Procurement
- Hurontario Light Rail Transit Project Update: Preparing for Procurement
- Hurontario Light Rail Transit Spring Open Houses
- Trees Relocated Along Hurontario Street to Prepare for New Light Rail Transit System
- Hurontario Light Rail Transit Open House & Ward Open Houses
- Plans for Hurontario Light Rail Transit Stops
- Hurontario Light Rail Transit Update
- Hurontario Light Rail Transit Project Update
- Hurontario-Main Light Rail Transit Project Receives Full Provincial Funding Promise
- Hurontario-Main LRT Project Environmental Project Report Out for Public Review
- Hurontario-Main Light Rail Transit Project Public Information Centres – Provide Your Input
- Hurontario-Main LRT Project Moves Ahead
- Hurontario-Main LRT Project Public Information Centres Provide Your Input
- City of Mississauga Prepares For Light Rail Transit on Hurontario
- Hurontario-Main LRT Project Public Information Centres to focus on Light Rail Transit concepts
- Open Houses Launch Preliminary Design Phase of Hurontario-Main LRT Project
- City of Mississauga’s Hurontario-Main LRT Project on the Move
- Hurontario/Main Street Master Plan: On Track with Light Rail Transit
- Hurontario/Main Street Study Public Information Centres: LRT Identified as Preferred Option
- Hurontario Light Rail Transit: Project Update March 28, 2023
- Hurontario Light Rail Transit: Project Update June 7, 2021
- Hurontario Light Rail Transit: Project Update July 8, 2020
- Hurontario Light Rail Transit: Project Update and Negotiating Project Agreements with Metrolinx June 26, 2019
- Hurontario Light Rail Transit Communications Update May 30, 2018
- Hurontario Light Rail Transit Operations & Maintenance May 8, 2018
- Hurontario Light Rail Transit Project Update: Request for Proposals, Additional Municipal Funding, and Potential Operating Costs (Ward 1,4,5 & 7) October 4, 2017
- Hurontario Light Rail Transit Project Update: Metrolinx Project Procurement June 28, 2017
- Hurontario Light Rail Transit Project Update: LRT Stop Hierarchy August 2016
- Hurontario Light Rail Transit Project Update July 6, 2016
- Hurontario Light Rail Transit Project Update January 20, 2016
- Historical Background on Rapid Transit in Mississauga February 18, 2015
For construction updates, visit metrolinx.com/HurontarioLRT.