The City of Mississauga is building a new sports park and community centre in the Ninth Line lands future development area between Highway 403 and 401. The project will be developed in phases and serve the local community and future urban development along the City’s western boundary, near a tributary of Sixteen Mile Creek, with a community centre and a 57-acre park.
If you are an organization or resident interested in reserving space, please fill out a rental request form.
According to the City of Mississauga’s Strategic Plan, one of the City’s strategic goals is to build and maintain its infrastructure for its citizens for generations to come. Sound, functional and attractive buildings, facilities, roads, transit, public and open spaces are integral to completing our neighbourhoods as we build a City for the 21st century.
Formerly agricultural lands, with a currently protected wetland, the site will be the new home of 75,000 square foot community centre and 57 acre park. Approximately half of the land will be developed in Phase One, with further development in future phases.
- To provide a City owned community centre and sports park for the residents of Ward 10 and neighbouring communities and to serve City-wide sport’s needs
- Design and build public spaces that are consistent with the recommendations of the 2014 and 2019 Future Directions, Recreation, Parks and Forestry, Library and Fire and Emergency Services Master Plans
- Design with an environmentally responsible approach and to LEED Silver Standards
- Develop a site that meets accessibility requirements
- Create a design that provides for variety of recreational activities, including passive and programmed uses
Once completed, residents will enjoy the benefits of:
- A social and recreation hub for the community
- Aquatics centre, which includes a 25-metre, 6 lane pool and leisure pool
- Fitness studio
- Triple gymnasium
- Meeting room or program space
- Teaching kitchen
- Outdoor spaces and trails
- Park amenities including a playground, spray pad, skatepark, multi-purpose court, outdoor fitness equipment
- Turf soccer field with a seasonal dome
- Outdoor turf soccer field
- Enhanced natural areas
North Mississauga Soccer Club
The North Mississauga Soccer Club’s League1 teams will be relocated to this new field and the Club has funded upgraded amenities for these games, including a scoreboard for their exclusive use. While the City has agreed to schedule the League1 games at this field, the fields are a City asset and will be available for all residents and affiliated groups to enjoy, following our Field Allocation Policy for bookings.
Planning and construction
Facilities open to the public
Design and construction of additional amenities
Phase one schedule
- Design development completed in 2017
- Construction started in spring 2018
- Open to the public in summer/fall 2021
Phase one construction for the features below is underway.
- Aquatics centre with approximately 27,000 square feet, including a 25-metre, six lane pool and leisure pool
- A gymnasium of approximately 18,000 square feet
- Multipurpose spaces of approximately 6000 square feet including a kitchen
- Common areas of approximately 5,000 square feet including a lobby, general office, public washrooms, cash room and shipping and receiving areas
- Change rooms and washrooms to support the pool and gymnasium
- Two lit artificial turf soccer fields, one with a seasonal dome
- Spray pad
- Skate park
- Multi-purpose court
- Outdoor fitness equipment
- Natural area enhancements
- Parks operations space
- Site servicing, infrastructure and parking
Work on the southern expansion of the park is underway. Construction is anticipated to commence in 2022. The following improvements will be included:
- Leash Free Zone
- Natural Areas
View Concept Plan (subject to change)
View Full South Expansion Master Plan (subject to change)
The design and construction of additional amenities will be part of future phases of development. Uses identified through the public engagement process are being considered, along with the following proposed facilities, subject to future available funding:
- One lit multi-purpose sports field
- Cricket pitch
- Tennis courts
- Natural areas
- Additional infrastructure and parking
Public engagement sessions were held in 2015 to gather ideas and feedback from residents on the uses and recreational amenities for the park. Public input from the public engagement sessions is summarized in the following reports.
- Mississauga Park 459 Public Consultation Summary Report (August 2015)
- Park 459 Summary of Input Received by the City via e-mail (August 2015)
Mississauga Premier Racquet Club Proposal
In February 2021, Mississauga Council gave the City authority to negotiate a partnership with Premier Racquet Clubs to build and operate an indoor tennis facility at Churchill Meadows Community Centre and Mattamy Sports Park as part of the Phase 2 development project.
The proposed facility intends to serve the needs of recreational and competitive players in the community, while providing opportunities to host provincial, national and international sporting events in Mississauga.