The Paramount Fine Foods Centre Rehabilitation project aims to address areas of improvements based on the evolving needs of events and guests. There will be two phases to the renovation and they will improve overall experience for guests and event hosts.
Project objectives and plan
Phase 1 will begin in 2023 and it will include the following improvements:
- Various roofs will be replaced throughout the facility, including the sports zone, main event arena and community rinks
- New concrete curbs and asphalt will be implemented in select parking lots
- Rubber will be replaced in rinks 3 and 4
Phase 2 will begin in 2024 and it will include the following improvements:
- Rubber will be replaced in rink 2
- Parking lot improvements not completed in 2023 will continue
The following improvements to the main bowl will be completed during the spring and summer months:
- The concert rigging structure will be improved and additions will be made
- Private priority suites will be enlarged with improved sight lines, seating and new furniture
- New digital signage will be strategically positioned throughout the concourse
- The Budweiser Club lounge will be improved
- The Bud Light lounge will be improved
- New exterior ticket windows will be implemented to provide better access to the box office
- The main entrance and vestibule will be improved
- New passenger elevator will be added to move spectators from the main entrance concourse level to upper seating levels
- Concession counters and condiment stations will be improved
- New universal washroom will be added to the concourse level
- New standing room only section added to the east end
- Main scoreboard will be replaced and updated
Areas open during construction
- In 2024, from May to November, the main arena will be closed. It will be partially reopened for all scheduled events starting in November 2024.
- The Sportsplex and community rinks will remain open.
- Commercial tenants will have access to their leased spaces during the construction period.
Formerly known as the Hershey Centre, Paramount Fine Foods Centre opened in October 1998. It is home to the Mississauga Steelheads of the Ontario Hockey League and the Raptors 905 of the NBA G League (the official minor league of the NBA). To date, it has hosted over 3000 event days and welcomed more than four million guests.
While the Paramount Fine Foods Centre has undergone various expansions and minor improvements over the span of 20 years, the original main arena remained the same. This project will address deficiencies in the main arena and help improve the overall guest experience for a variety of events, including sports games, competitions, ceremonies, concerts and community events.
For more information, visit Paramount Fine Foods Centre’s official website.